• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii smackdown

heres my fataliis
fatalii001.jpg

fatalii002.jpg

I found this fatalli on a plant still in a gallon container. I know some plants fruit earlier when they are rootbound so I left a couple in smaller pots. I just had a cheeseburger for dinner with my first ripe Datil on the burger and a small 7 Pod in with my baked beans. Both of those peppers were off overwintered plants. I have an army of ladybug larva prowling the garden. Really great plant Petey.
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

Minion §1 said:
heres my fataliis

Nice little Fataliis there Minion, very healthy, as AJ likes to say "they will grow up to hurt you" - :lol:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I found this fatalli on a plant still in a gallon container. I know some plants fruit earlier when they are rootbound so I left a couple in smaller pots. I just had a cheeseburger for dinner with my first ripe Datil on the burger and a small 7 Pod in with my baked beans. Both of those peppers were off overwintered plants. I have an army of ladybug larva prowling the garden. Really great plant Petey.

Good pics Cappy - my overwintered plants aren't making any pods yet, but they are putting on the green and it won't be long. My Fataliis are coming along, I planted 4 of your seeds and all 4 germinated and look good - 3 look great. I managed to get 3 of Tony's(scoville) Fataliis to live after my rockwool disaster - 2 look good and one is still rough. His were planted 2 months before yours. I had 3 plants total that I would have sworn were dead and eventually made a comeback. 2 of the Tony Fataliis and 1 Bhut(hotpeppa) that lost all it's leaves, was about an inch tall and had 1/8 inch of green on top. Amazing to me they took all my abuse and still came through, peppers are tough. I learned so much this year, next year will be a breeze. :) I have to grow the Datil next season, heard a lot of good things about them. Hot peppers in baked beans is one of my guilty pleasures too - simple and effective.

Glad the fatalli are working out Tony. I'll get you some Datil anytime you want just SASE. Had my wife water the plant today while I filled in mated on a big sporty and had an awesome day! 28 mahi-mahi all over 25#, 1 55# wahoo, one king, had a shot at a sailfish and stopped fishing by noon. I have never gaffed so many fish in one trip. Beautiful day on the water. Fatalli all look great ya'll.

I planted my smackdown fataliis into the earth today and found some buds. I have some more to plant out tomorrow. I know i have at least 2 plants, maybe 4.

Don't count me out yet. I dug my hands deep in 2 bags of shit for these badboys today.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Glad the fatalli are working out Tony. I'll get you some Datil anytime you want just SASE. Had my wife water the plant today while I filled in mated on a big sporty and had an awesome day! 28 mahi-mahi all over 25#, 1 55# wahoo, one king, had a shot at a sailfish and stopped fishing by noon. I have never gaffed so many fish in one trip. Beautiful day on the water. Fatalli all look great ya'll.

Thanks Cappy - I owe you some seeds so maybe we'll do a swap after the season. Congrats on the fish, if you kept any I hope you have a big freezer. :) That Wahoo must have had some length.

I didn't enter the smackdown because my fatalii seeds from two different sources didn't sprout. Not in soil. Not in peat. Not in paper toweels in the incubator. Now today I saw 1 (in words: one) seed in the paper towel has sprouted after four weeks in the incubator. Wish me luck!

Here's my best Fatalii again which I've been pickin' buds/flowers off for quite a while now. Its almost 4 months old now.
3510527570_d8ea8171b4.jpg

Alright PeteyPepper congrats on your peppers starting to form. I think only you and I so far have any Fatalli pepper on our comparison plants. I have many forming and here is my biggest Fatalli less than 4 months from seed. You can see the fatalli on the plant in the black container middle pic.:onfire:
IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Those plants are incredible Cappy! And the size of the pods for early May is unbelievable. I normally don't get anything that looks that good until July. I think I'll be ahead of that this year, but my best plants are at least 45 days behind yours. The fact that they're outside now will help them catch up a little. I don't ever get any chinense to grow that tall, do you use Superthrive?

Like bigt said that plant is incredible! Producing pods in early May is awesome! Cappy what's the earliest you've had pods prior to this year?

Tony you should know I don't use superthrive being these plants have been so well documented in this thread. This is as early as I've ever had pods patrick and it has to be these plants have been in the sun their whole life. Coastal South Carolina must be the right conditions for the Fatalli plant because they were some of my earliest pods I had last year also. A couple more weeks and we should have a ripe one!!! A better pics of the same Fatalli pod.:cool:
IMG_2383.jpg

Back