• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

gas prices

lucky you. Our benefit from cheaper oil got soaked up by the falling dollar...exactly, to the cent. Pure coincidence of course. As well as having a falling dollar despite being named as one of the few countries in the world that will not be greatly affected by the current turmoil.

$1.40/L here

It's about 2.85 a gallon here in Fort Worth...my boss went to Oklahoma City this past weekend and he said he got gas for 2.40...

There are a few stations here that are selling for $2.75 and one close to I-40 that's still up to $3.36. Once it goes down under $2.50, I won't complain so much.

i'm with woody on this i wish i was saying nearly $5 a gallon that would be about £2:50 a GALLON the cheapest i get it at the mo is £1:03 a litre yep you read right a LITRE you fancy paying prices like that

I paid 3.45 for mid-grade in CT its about 3.15-19 for regular.

In CT they tax fuel and additional .25 a gallon on top of federal. This year the tax was frozen but will be revisited soon.

Tis' about $3.04 a gal. here but it doesnt matter to me because i sold my car 2 months ago and just ride my mountain bike everywhere now. Grocery shopping can be a bitch(takes a lot of planning) but i've saved like $400 this past month already by riding.

Thats great you could do that Sickmont -- there is so much distance between places I have to go it woudl very difficult... not as difficult as it would be in Texas but difficult none the less

LUCKYDOG said:
Thats great you could do that Sickmont -- there is so much distance between places I have to go it woudl very difficult... not as difficult as it would be in Texas but difficult none the less

If there was a better mass transit system here i'd be set...i'd go much, much further than the 25 or so mile radius i have. I cant even get to St. Pete or Tampa without renting a car or taking a greyhound(which for $60 for a 35 mile roundtrip will never happen....plus, i cant take my bike without crating it up for shipping). But, basically my biggest issue now(besides the weather obviously) is time and timing...guessing how long a trip will take.

Sickmont said:
Tis' about $3.04 a gal. here but it doesnt matter to me because i sold my car 2 months ago and just ride my mountain bike everywhere now. Grocery shopping can be a bitch(takes a lot of planning) but i've saved like $400 this past month already by riding.

Good 4 u. I didn't sell my van but only drive it about once/month to stock up on groceries.

I would definitly do it but timing is key -- everything on the East Coast needs to be done yesterday.... not being able to swear at people on my way in would definitly change my outlook its like coffee to the soul... ** skinny one on the right Grandma...honk honk **

Who says i don't swear at people? You ever see how they drive down here in Florida? Every other word out of my mouth when i'm riding is a colorful metaphor.

prices are still coming down here in the U of K
Paid £1 ($2) a LITRE this morning that's nearly $8 a gallon so if your paying $4 your still getting it for half of what we pay

Sickmont said:
Who says i don't swear at people? You ever see how they drive down here in Florida? Every other word out of my mouth when i'm riding is a colorful metaphor.

Yeah I'm like that with white van men and any ar*ehole lorry drivers that make me reverse back over small bridges even though it's my right of way. It would help if I could reverse in a straight line too.

just filled up for 2.77/gallon...

Back