• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting something off my chest.

WOW! I am with TB WTF???? I wanted to watch the whole thing to see if he dies some horrible death..(the only possible salvage for that piece of shit) but my eyes were burning from the fingers I had jammed in them, and my ears were hurting from jamming pencils into them up to the erasers.

Phew! Hurts like hell, but at least I will never hear that crap again!!!

cheezydemon said:
WOW! I am with TB WTF???? I wanted to watch the whole thing to see if he dies some horrible death..(the only possible salvage for that piece of shit) but my eyes were burning from the fingers I had jammed in them, and my ears were hurting from jamming pencils into them up to the erasers.

Phew! Hurts like hell, but at least I will never hear that crap again!!!

Be glad you don't remember the 80's then...b/c it was all like that! ;)

PrairieChilihead said:
K.C. & The Sunshine Band?

yeah, i get reminded of them about once a week here. They live here in Sarasota. Hell, they played our dealership's Christmas party in 2002.

rainbowberry said:
I've given my opinion on your pic elsewhere Quad ;)

Lovely comments from a lovely lady. ;)

PrairieChilihead said:
The 80's seemed pretty damned good after the horror of the 70's!

Remember the Bay City Rollers?...K.C. & The Sunshine Band?

Yeah, I am just in the middle here.

Jr. High was 78-79, and HS was 80-85...so I got everything from Disco to BOC to Metal and Punk/Neuwave.

Fun times. :)

I thought the 80's were ok, in 1983 I was 19 and I was in this crowd at the US Festival. We got done playing war games and it was off to the desert we went. It was hot an people were passing out because of the heat. They were blasting the crowd with water cannons, What a great venue of bands. Check out video, about 3 mins in they pan the camera on the crowd, I had a blast.

imaguitargod said:
Be glad you don't remember the 80's then...b/c it was all like that! :shocked:

How dare you sir!!!!! If I had a glove I would use it to open hand slap you across the face......:P

Some of AC/DC's best music came out in the early to mid 80's....

The 80's was the music that i grew up with....and it wasn't ALL crap (well?)...

Danger Zone

Dancing on the ceiling

walking on sunshine

we built this city

jump

bohemian rhapsody

And my fav cause it's Aussie......

I come from a land down under.......

And there was cindy Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi, inxs, Aerosmith and so on.....

Not that I like the 80's or anything....:lol:

imaguitargod said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the 80's too. It was fun and campy!

Your indiscretions are forgiven young sir.....:)

It's just lucky i'm such a nice guy.....well at least that's what my mummy tells me....:D

rainbowberry said:
Hey Quaddy babe, I knew you were gonna say you liked him. Once you've done Tiffany he was bound to be liked too.

EDIT: Ha, I've just realised he's a redhead too ;)

Gives new and delish meaning to "ginger snaps", eh?

Mmmm, yummmy. :twisted:

imaguitargod said:
Be glad you don't remember the 80's then...b/c it was all like that! :shocked:

The only thing wrong with the 80s is that they followed the 70s and the bar was already set too high.

"Especially for youuuuuu" :)

Stock/Aitken/Waterman produced all of them AND Rick Astley AND Bananarama incase any of you have ever wondered why they sound so alike. A mate once got hold of some free tix for a Rick Astley show during his heydays, so we went there for the heck of it. OMG, it's the first and only time I saw a show with NO spontaneous ideas or sth like that. It looked as if it has all been practised over and over again, pure perfection for perfection's sake.

Talking about metal... Omri - did you know that Judas Priest once recorded a session with STock/Aitken/Waterman that was never released. I think it was during the "Turbo" times. I'd sure like to hear that, but was unable to find it anywhere. I agree that the 80s were probably more important for HM than any other decade. I remember buying the first SLAYER album and when I walked outta the store I heard one of the employees asking the cashier "Did he really buy that???"

Hey, Bay City Rollers weren't that bad by todays standards. Back then, you were either a SWEET or BCR fan, if you liked both, you wouldn't admit it. Probably a bit like Beatles/Stones in the 60s. I went for Sweet back then, nowadays I can listen to both of them. Chart music was so much better back then. They are still playing live as "Derek Faulkner's BCR", I guess that means he is the only original members.

Leslie, their singer appeared on an episode of Little Britain just a few days after I was wondering if he was still alive. I loved it!

I had an album of Stock, Aitken and Waterman artists like- Donna Summer, Big Fun, Brother Beyond, Sinitta, and Sonia. It was brilliant.

Back