• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Sic - you will truly be a wonderful beekeeper, and all of those supplies were a great purchase. Best of luck with this endeavor. We'll be waiting for a taste of honey. Thanks for the pic. I've transplanted most of the Chinense peppers, with the annuums waiting for at least another week. DIL is in the hospital again, will pay her a visit since the hospital is quite near. The snow is still on the ground, but should be gone soon. I need to check out the CG.
Have a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

Well, it's sunny and 28F, on its way to 44F today. That 4-8" of snow yesterday turned out to be more like 1-2" lol. I'm not complaining. I hope that was it for this season. Sic - NICE haul on the bee supplies. It's great you got such a deal, plus it's just awesome these will be put back into service versus sitting in a barn. Not a lot planned for today - maybe catch some of the golf tournament on tv this afternoon. Enjoy the day! Good morning.

Good morning. It's 45 on its way to 60. All of the snow has finally melted. Moderate meeting schedule. I might start the old truck and take it for a drive later this afternoon. I also need to make a run to the local green painted farm equipment shop and pick up some parts for my mower. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Painted a bunch of boxes yesterday, probably will do more today? Need to go to the scrap yard first thing this morning, trailer is full. Do need to do a little work in the nursery. Going to chill this evening. Yall will get some honey when it happens for sure. have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Monday errands, coffee with friends, and a beautiful week ahead. DIL looked good in the hospital, it was nice to have our whole family there. I’m looking forward to purging the basement of ‘stuff’ I’ve collected thru the years.
Have a wonderful day. Know that you are blessed.

Good morning. Sunny and 39F, on its way to 61F. Should be a nice week weather-wise. Need to do a dump / recycling run, plus a few other errands. Might go to the Mexican restuarant tonight. It's margarita night lol. Hope your DIL continues to improve and can go home soon Catherine. Have a great day everybody!

Good morning. It's 45 (7c) on its way to 65 (18c). Should be another beautiful day here in the middle. Moderate meeting schedule today. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Thanks for thinking of DIL - she went home later last night and hope to hear how life is going for her. Quick Dr. this AM, lunch with daughter, then check out CG and the mud and mulch. I hope to start broccoli seeds soon
Have a beautiful day. Stay healthy.

Hello folks! It's sunny and beautiful outside. Currently 63F on its way to 68F. Ran BIL to PT this morning, then breakfast at BK. Hit the grocery on the way home and picked up some country-style ribs for grilling this evening. Need to work on JD Gator. It ran out of gas and now won't start. Maybe sucked some junk into the carb jets - dunno yet. Hope everybody gets out and enjoys the nice weather (if you have some lol). Have a good one!

Good morning. It's 40 (4c) on its way to 75 (24c). Very nice WX for mid March. Moderate meeting schedule today. Got some work to do in the barn later this afternoon. Looks like this coming weekend we'll be ready to transplant all our pepper and tomato starts. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Rained hard over night, more to come today. Need to go to one of my customers to mow and start a hill side clean up. Horse stables wants me back to mow but I dont think we will be able to work out a price that would benefit me. relaxing tonight and getting some good sleep is on my agenda. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 39F on its way to 69F. A sunny morning, heading toward a beautiful day. Started prepping an area inside the garden fence to move some thornless blackberry bushes. Deer continuously chew on the plants, preventing them from growing or fruiting. The JD Gator is sick - still won't start. Ordered some parts. Not an air cleaner though - cost over $100! It's a 1986 model and what parts can be found are ridiculously priced. Planning on doing some garden prep today. Hope everybody has a marvelous day!

Good morning. It's 39F on its way to 69F. A sunny morning, heading toward a beautiful day. Started prepping an area inside the garden fence to move some thornless blackberry bushes. Deer continuously chew on the plants, preventing them from growing or fruiting. The JD Gator is sick - still won't start. Ordered some parts. Not an air cleaner though - cost over $100! It's a 1986 model and what parts can be found are ridiculously priced. Planning on doing some garden prep today. Hope everybody has a marvelous day!
That green painted equipment is pricey and parts are too. Better take out a loan if you ever have to take one into the shop! The good thing is that every little town has a JD dealer and parts. I've whittled down my JD equipment to only my commercial Zero Turn mower.

Screw John Deere rip off junk. Although I still have one of my first mowers from start of my business in 1998, was used then. Belt costs over a hundred to replace,lol. Catherine I hope you get to feeling better soon. Wife and I are going to work bees this morning with my mentor. Horse ranch might happen as they have offered a decent price. We shall see though? Chilling this evening. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's 50 (10c) on its way to 75 (24c). Rain in the forecast. Catherine ..... I hope your cold is doing better. Busy meeting schedule today. Today is our daughter's birthday! The grandkids will be here this evening through Saturday. Not much else is going on. Transplanting this weekend. Be safe and be good.

Good morning all. It's rainy and 48F, on its way to 59F. Supposed to clear off this afternoon. I'm not a green machine fan either. I have the gator, which I only paid $500 for, and its run great for 10 years with little more than an oil change. I also picked up a self-propelled push mower for $80 at an auction. Its a commercial model and sold for $900 new. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better Catherine. I have a Dr's appt in a few so gotta run. Have a great day everybody!

Good morning. Thanks for the get well wishes. Yesterday was a bear, kept Kleenex in business. We had rain most of yesterday, which turned to snow at 10pm and is still coming down. It’s a great day to stay inside!
Have a wonderful day. Even though mask mandates are gone, I’m still wearing them around people.

headed to trailer park, hopefully most stuff doesnt need much attention. Yesterday while working bees a colony swarmed. left the hive and went into a tree. dude caught them after we left, hew would need to move them for two weeks then bring them back so they think they had a sucsefull swarm. Instead of going through that he is giving me like 70,000 bees. We are going to pick them up this afternoon. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Back