• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 46F on its way to 63F. Periods of rain today. Thankfully no snow. Everybody is home and it's kind of normal around here. Might head to town for a grocery run this morning. Other than that, who knows? Watching Premier League this morning and finishing up my grow plan this afternoon. I need to do a seed starting supply inventory. Maybe I'll do some fishing tackle organizing too. Most likely grilling something this evening. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Sunny and 27F, on its way to 48F. Pretty much the forecast for the next week. Heading out for a quick trip up north. Should be a nice day for a drive. Hope everybody has a nice weekend. Be safe out there and thank your local groundhog. Spring is almost here!:crazy:

Good morning. It's 39F on its way to 47F and raining. Today: No sightseeing, no futzing, no mud walking, no whiskey and no guitar. Watching Premier League this morning and I need to get this year's seeds out of inventory. Texas smoked brisket and jalapeno sausage this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The sun just crested the ridge to start melting the heavy frost out there. It's 21F, on its way to 49F. Not much planned for today. Just rest and relax a bit. 12" of snow does not sound fun to me at all. I'll take the whiskey and guitar, and I don't even play, ha. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and try to stay warm.

Good morning. It's 33F on its way to 54F. It should be a beautiful day! No snow here ..... thank goodness. Checking on some office work stuff this AM. After that, I need to make that run to the grocery store and perhaps up to the city to one of the big box stores. I'll take the whiskey too and maybe pound on a drum kit for a bit (I used to play up until I finished under-grad school). Breakfast for dinner this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good Morming! Looking forward to a week with highs in the 50s! I’m hoping that the risk of snow is behind us, but there’s always the chance in February and March here. I am roasting a few pounds of coffee beans this morning and sampling the beans that I roasted yesterday. I’m getting better at roasting but my coffee still has a lot of room for improvement. Today I’ll water the pepper seedlings, clean the house and possibly re-engage with my attempt at learning guitar. (Only 11 months of lessons so far and I stopped playing in November, so I have forgotten all of my chords). Im also prepping some ribs that are going in the Sous Vide for 36 hours.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable Sunday.

Good morning. 21-48F and sunny. Usual Monday errands, coffee group, then the dentist. The rain and snow are welcome this time of year, but it’s nice to have clear streets. The snowplow never came to our neighborhood yesterday, so the snow is packed and crunchy. Reminders of growing up.
Enjoy your day. Take time for others and yourself.

Been cold and snowy.
IMG_6530.jpg

Good morning. Same as yesterday. The sun just crested the ridge and is starting to melt the heavy frost out there. It's currently 20F, on its way to 44F. I do not believe Winter is over, ha. Time to pick out pepper seeds and get them in the dirt. That is today's goal. At least the seed-picking part anyway. Hope everybody has a tremendous Tuesday. Be safe out there and stay warm.

Good morning. It's 24F on its way to 59F. Frosty and foggy right now. Should be sunny and mild later on. Finally got all the stuff to do our taxes .... will take a first look at how bad the situation is sometime today :(. @ DR: I'm doing our seed picking today but I'm at least a month out from getting seeds in the dirt. Shrimp and grits this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy, seasonal 30-50F, looking like a blah day. The heavy snow in the neighborhood isn’t melting as quick as we’d all like, with another storm possibly hitting the mountains. Hopefully we’ll just get rain.
I’m not even thinking planting seeds for awhile, maybe in another month.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm.

Good morning. It's sunny and 22F, on its way to 50F. Should be a pretty nice day. Started looking through seeds yesterday, and I got WAY too many, lol. Some are getting pretty old, so I'm trying to figure out if there's any I'd like to grow this year to refresh the stock. Not as easy as it sounds. I'll keep plowing through it and come up with a list soon. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 63F. It should be mild but breezy.
@ DR: Yesterday, I pulled the seeds for the varieties that we're going to grow this year and I hear ya .... I have thousands of pepper and tomato seed varieties (from all over the world) ..... many are getting old like yours. Many I've never grown LOL. Right on ..... not an easy job to down select.
Office work for a few hours this morning. Did a 1st blush look at taxes ...... Yikes!!!!!! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Back