• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hydro details

Speaking of weeds. I think those manzanos are weeds. Not pepper plants. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic.
I could be wrong though. I may have to delete this post later.
Could we see a close-up of the leaves?

Speaking of weeds. I think those manzanos are weeds. Not pepper plants. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic.
I could be wrong though. I may have to delete this post later.
Could we see a close-up of the leaves?

Yeah, I agree. Those dont look like pepper plants to me.

You know whats weird is I was thinking the same thing. But then I go to thinking what are the chances that I would have 3 of the same weed growing in 3 places that I had planted Manzos. But I should look closer to see if I still see fuzz on the plant like I did when they were little. I would hate for those to be weeds especially when I am feeding them miracle grow and hoping to make them big. But these three weed/pepper plants are the only three and I havent seen them pop up anywhere except where I planted the manzanos. Unless these are a pepper plant but not Manzanos? guess only time will tell if I am babying Manzano/pepper plants or weeds.

Well if anyone wants any Pig Weed let me know...lol Well here are the pictures of the mystery plant breaking my heart.

IMG00312-20100722-0716.jpg

IMG00314-20100722-0717.jpg

IMG00313-20100722-0716.jpg

So I dont see any signs of this being a pepper now that im taking a much closer examination. Man I cant believe they snuck up so fast that they killed my Manzanos and took their place, and I didnt even notice. Well it wont happen again. I think that was the last of my seeds to :(

LOL! Sorry about your Manzanos loss Crazy8.

Everyone gets fooled sometimes. Its live and learn.
Kill those weeds!!!!

Bleash

Beneficial weed

Pigweed can be a beneficial weed, as well as a companion plant, serving as a trap for leaf miners and some other pests, as well as sheltering ground beetles (which prey upon insect pests) and breaking up hard soil for more delicate neighboring plants.

it's in the amaranth family apparently

wiki

Well I stuck to my guns tonight and removed the three pig weeds. But there was a diamond in the rough. After I removed the two of them, i thought maybe I missed something when I looked back and saw this...

IMG00315-20100722-2127.jpg

Here is a closer view...
IMG00316-20100722-2127.jpg

Looks like a pubescent pepper plant to me huh? Looks healthy still to so hopefully I will still get some fruits off this. But sadly to say where the other two pig weeds were I lost the plants that were in those spots.

So, you didn't loose all your manzanos and the one who survived looks healthy and not so small in size.
Cheers to you for the good news :beer:

Bleash

It will be interesting to see what comes of this one from here on out. Ill be sure to keep you all posted.

Thank you very much. Hes not all the little so I guess the "pig" weed wasn't hogging...ahhhh ha ha ha I could help myself....all the miracle grow. I wish I would have found 2 more but you know, one is better than none. Ill be babying this one.

Good news! Will you be overwintering this year? That might be necessary to get pods on the Manzano, it looks pretty young still.

I don't think I will be this year because if all goes well the fiance and I will be moving into our new home. Its a short sale so we are doing everything now but it can take about 4 months before we know anything. So as far as I know now I would say no I wont be over wintering this year. Maybe if the timing is right and things go ever so perfectly there is a chance it could happen so we will see.

Back