• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My grow log is stupid

Been growing peppers off and on -depending where I live for maybe like thirteen years. Did a bit of vocational horticulture school, but I screwed off more than anything so I really don't remember a lot of it. Right now I'm growing in closets and my garage under lights, in containers and in the ground outside, and getting ready to start up my various hydro systems.

I'm kind of an undisciplined grower. Kind of lazy sometimes. If I was more on it, I'm sure my production would be better. I spend a lot of $ and time amending soil, messing around with fertilizers and such but am easily sidetracked and I don't always do things the right way. Sometimes my gardening sessions rapidly deteriorate into drinking beer outside and killing the squirrels that like to mess around with my plants.

Anyway, I like checking these out and know others do and appreciate any future input on the bs I will later post. I think this sums up my garden-
IMG_2055.jpg

This is a orange hab I planted last year. It was one of those "extra" plants you don't have room for. So I stuck it in the crappy unamended dirt outside my backdoor right next to a massive spanish dagger plant. Threw a bit of mulch around it, but no fertilizer. It ended up producing all winter and just picked some a couple days ago when I pruned it.

Thanks for the offer but I have over 50 plants already, including some of those dangerous looking Jonahs. This should keep me busy enough...

Silver_Surfer said:
Terrific harvest boutrous, I hope you're making cornbread to go with the black eyed peas and hocks this time. :)

Yes sir SS! I wasn't foolin' around this time...

JungleRain said:
great selection of peppers

Thanks JR- pm anytime if there's something you want some seeds from.

IMG_3950.jpg

Just tried a few Inca Berries, The plant has produced well, but not so pumped about the taste. Has a really weird tastes-like-perfume taste. It's a coco coir outdoor plant, gets botanicare nutes. Wondering if I need to salt flush it or add some of their berry or citrus sweet supplements? Or if it just tastes like that? I don't think I'm even gonna bother processing them. Kinda foul. It's next to a coir Aji Limon that also has the same aftertaste thing going on.

boutros said:
Yes sir SS! I wasn't foolin' around this time...

Thanks JR- pm anytime if there's something you want some seeds from.

Just tried a few Inca Berries, The plant has produced well, but not so pumped about the taste. Has a really weird tastes-like-perfume taste. It's a coco coir outdoor plant, gets botanicare nutes. Wondering if I need to salt flush it or add some of their berry or citrus sweet supplements? Or if it just tastes like that? I don't think I'm even gonna bother processing them. Kinda foul. It's next to a coir Aji Limon that also has the same aftertaste thing going on.

Thanks for the offer Boutros,
I might take you up on the offer, is there anything on my thread you might be interested in?
It sounds like your Inca Berry and Aji Limon may need a flush for a few days before you harvest again
take care
Grant

boutros said:
Lol, thanks SS. Felt like it was winding down that day. Was kinda cold, lol.

I picked these Thursday morning before work and figured I might as well take a photo, even if it ain't the greatest one. Took It at the end of a busy day, shoulda done some labels I guess, but whatever. Have picked a lot of stuff before this but not atone time, and have much more on the way. Still had some different stuff to get to that day but ran out of time.

IMG_3944.jpg

Took a pic of some smaller groups out of the pile.

IMG_3958.jpg

The Choco Habs are pretty small, they're third round harvests off of the plant. 1 and 2 are just Orange Habs. Different plants one's all pointed the other ain't. The peach habs were a surprise. I didn't even know I was growing them! Found it mixed in with a buncha oranges in the lower yard.

The Scotch has the ol' ? cause I know it's kinda a hot button issue. That's just what it was labeled as. The Bonda Ma Jaques are third round harvests- the longer "it's orange!" came out of the same pack of Bondas. Not sure what it is.

"Wha?" came outta a pack labeled Tabasco. It's a really thick fleshy sorta hot pepper. Clearly not Tabasco, but who cares? Surprises are kinda fun now and then. The 2nd Gen Tree Hab (as labeled) is a pretty cool plant. Seeds from my buddy Smokemaster.

Still waiting on some later started plants. Bhuts, nagas, sevens, fatalii, congos, Madame Jeanettes off the top of my head.

Not a spare second anymore these days processing all these peppers!

goddamn dude! gorgeous!

JungleRain said:
Thanks for the offer Boutros,
I might take you up on the offer, is there anything on my thread you might be interested in?

I'll check it out later tonight! You have like 15 varieties of C.Pubescens if I remember correctly- only have yellow and orange rocotos and manzanos here, I'd def be interested in any other sorts!

AlabamaJack said:
looks like you are up to your eyeballs in pods boutros...nice harvest

Thank you sir, still have a long ways before I hit your output!

ABurningMouth said:
Those big ones look like guajillo. Wow that's some table full.

Have some guajillos some where, but I beleive the dark garnet colored bigger ones are my third pickins from a Joe E Parker NuMex.

fineexampl said:
goddamn dude! gorgeous!

Thanks Fine! Glad I finally had enough at once for a group shot!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Very nice boutros, great selection of pods. Peach habanero are beautiful. Catch'em up.

Thanks PRF, those peachums were a cool find. Didn't pay too much attention to that part of the bed. Guess that's why it did so well, lol.

Anybody please PM whenever for seeds if ya want. All the above are from good and healthy plants.

2K10 Why make another thread when I can use this'un

So another year. Got some good plants goin. Ain't got a whole list typed up, but whatevah- Basically concentrating on 7 pods and stuff like douglahs and scorpions. Have a couple bhuts and bihs, but dig and use the stuff from Trinidad and all that the most. Got rid of stuff like guajillo and cayenne I hardly ever use. I'll have to do up a grow list later. Some folks here hooked me up with some really great seeds and I owe them some big ups!

Built some quick prototype grow boxes. Will build better ones next year lined w/ mylar once I get the final dimensions I prefer down. Didn't need to use any heat mats, with the door/cover closed and the shop light on (cheap cool white flouros) they stay around eighty+ degrees F. Might have to get a box with a small fan going sometime. Still experimenting.

All these were sown on the 1st of January. Pic below taken on the 14th.

IMG_4570.jpg

Pretty much everything goes into Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil. Some will hang around for some hydro set ups.

IMG_4659-1.jpg

Really took off this February. A pic from the 9th.

IMG_4669.jpg

This taken today- the 13th. Gives an idea of the size. Going to start transplanting to gallon containers, getting ready to harden some off tomorrow.

IMG_4736.jpg

One of the best calls this year so far has been getting square containers. Maximizes your container volume/footprint space in the box. All the wasted space with round containers drove me crazy.

Have some more rounds of seedlin's sown on Feb 1st and doing more up tomorrow I think.

All your starts look great and looks to be a very hot this year with all the Trinidad varieties. The FF OF soil makes some very nice starts in small containers but would be too expensive and maybe too heavy in a big 5 gallon container. Getting short on space soon with those nice plants? I started so many superhots no more space for much annuum starts here already,the Peach Habs all germinated just fine. Best wishes to a fruitful season ahead boutros.

Right on, Jimmy and SS, thanks. And thanks PRF for the Brain Strain, have dirt and hydro ones planned- the yellow scorp's too are in there.

Well I'm gonna put my first hydro plant out tonight. Looks sad now, but will soon be shitting out peppers like a wayward tourist hours after eating a street taco in Tijuana.

Orange rocoto from CMPman1974- she looks a little jagged right now, musta got into it w/ a neighbor in tha growbox.

IMG_4844.jpg

Gonna do a PRF Brain Strain and a Douglah in waterfarms too, but they'll kick it indoors for now.

Back