• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

All I can say is WOW... thats a boat load of pepper plants. Great work, next year I plan on having a similar display :).

Great home, Pat!

Man, those plants would be gone in a day if you did that over here..! I'm envious....but it's a good, wholesome envy!

Thanks gents.

I spent my usual 20 minutes with them first thing this morning and am quite happy to say things are looking good! I can't believe how some of the pods themselves are growing. One inch long yesterday is almost an inch and a half today. Found a couple of Bhut Jolokias that I had to have missed seeing until today, they're hitting the two inch mark!

Forgot to say the little scorpion didn't have any heat at all. It was too small for sure.

Chilliman, got two more of the lemon trees sprouting. Four out of ten isn't bad at all. Thanks man.

Looks good. How do you like the grow bags? Im using the black bags now but have considered trying the white ones since they reflect a little more heat.

I think I have some good karma going this year chilliman, hope this doesn't jinx it.

The bags work as advertised I guess.I am glad I got the white ones though, I had to move some black pots to the east side of the house as they were getting real hot in the afternoon sun.

Up to a point huntsman. You start getting into the upper 90's/35's the plants will start dropping flowers. Plus with the black pots the roots were almost cooking.

Checking on things this a.m. and took a peak underneath some leaves and man was I shocked to see all of this. I had no idea they were under there. Seen a pod here and there but nothing like this. I love this stuff!

This is a plant that I misplaced the marker when I potted it up, got a few of those I'm afraid. Anyone feel like taking a guess on what it is? I'm thinking Trini scorp obviously.

IMG_5737re.jpg

Here's the view that took me by surprise.
IMG_5736re.jpg

Freaking wicked stuff.

I wonder if you can keep a blackpot cooler by wrappin' the outside w/white plastic?

Anyway- Lookin great Patrick! You have some real prolific plants goin!

boutros said:
I wonder if you can keep a blackpot cooler by wrappin' the outside w/white plastic?

Sure, just painting it white would cool it down, but adding a reflective layer to the outside had the advantage of being removed during cooler weather.

Dunno Patrick, gonna have to wait and see I guess. Judging by that first pic, I'd say scorpions. The first one looks like one of those primo ButchT Scorps.

Silver_Surfer said:
Sure, just painting it white would cool it down, but adding a reflective layer to the outside had the advantage of being removed during cooler weather.

White kitchen garbage bags?
Patrick, those are goin to hurt!:oops: Those do look like scorps to me and nothing like my choc habs!

joeknowsjolokia said:
White kitchen garbage bags?

That would work, or something like mylar or some of the white on silver reflective plastic mulch. Hold it in place with elastic, large rubber bands or surgical tubing. It wouldn't be very pretty but would reduce your soil temps. :)

Back