Patrick's Grow Log

Silver and Joe, it's a watermelon alright. Supposed to have yellow fruit. Seen the seeds and just had to give it a try. I have a Sweet Crimson watermelon in a larger pot next to the yellow one. I'm happy to say it has four baby melons on it. Check it out: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=12400

RJ, Looking forward to it.

Nakana, give me a shout for sure.

Thanks AJ. I am really enjoying this season.

Prior to this year the most plants I've ever grown was six pepper plants and two tomatoes.

Found my first Trinidad Scorpion pods. I don't quite know how I feel about this.

IMG_5652re.jpg

First Red Savina pods.

IMG_5656re.jpg

Aji Limon pods filling up the entire plants.

IMG_5659re.jpg

Purple Aurora pods. I really dig these colors.

IMG_5660re.jpg

Podding up nicely patrick. That Aurora certainly has some pretty blooms as well as pods.

patrick said:
Found my first Trinidad Scorpion pods. I don't quite know how I feel about this.

Wait a few weeks, chomp one and it won't ask; it WILL TELL YOU HOW TO FEEL!!! :D

Huntsman, if we can make it to the middle of September before the first frost I will be a happy man.

Aji C, yeah I like that particular model myself, thanks.

Healthy plants great job !! Have you got a photo of the lemonade lemons ? hehe would be good to see the little buggers that traveled around the world wet !?

Thanks all for the nice words.

I am having an absolute ball this year growing things. To all of you on this site I would like to say thanks for everything.

Here you go chilliman, a pic of your soon to be lemon trees. A while back chilliman was bragging on how sweet his lemons were so I asked if he would send me some seeds. They needed to be kept moist too--dried lemon seeds don't do very well.

I buried 10 seeds and so far have two definite lemon trees growing.

IMG_5670re.jpg

patrick said:
Thanks all for the nice words.

I am having an absolute ball this year growing things. To all of you on this site I would like to say thanks for everything.

Here you go chilliman, a pic of your soon to be lemon trees. A while back chilliman was bragging on how sweet his lemons were so I asked if he would send me some seeds. They needed to be kept moist too--dried lemon seeds don't do very well.

I buried 10 seeds and so far have two definite lemon trees growing.

IMG_5670re.jpg

They look really healthy !! Nice one , much speculation weather that was going to work or germ ! So we dodge customs, they survived and you got them up !.... :cool:

few years you will have A1 lemons ... Because it is lemonade DWARF lemon you could put it a half barrel or HUGE pot and it would do well ! And you could move it for winter ?

Looking really good Patrick.

So did you eat that little scorpion pod that decided to fall off?

...pressure, pressure, pressure...ha:lol:

HAHA! Damn Pat, you've got it bad like me bro! My front yard is full of potted peppers, and my neighbors surely think I'm nuts for it. I come home every day and sit under the shade of my biggest plants counting pods. My neighbor across the street calls it "Pepper Worship".

Pepper worship--I would have to agree with that 5*. I'm always thinking of excuses so I can be outside messing with them. I hate the heat and humidity of summer and my kids are starting to look at me funny when I say I'm going outside. Can't hide it much longer though. Luckily they don't get out of bed until after noon. That gives me a little time to spend with them.

RJC I'm going to eat that little dude right now. No heat in the beginning but I do sense something. I'll let you know.

Use the garage? I use it for storage and all the junk we've collected over the past 20 years. Haven't had room to pull a car in there forever.

Back