• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

Here is our Champion pepper plant seeds courtesy of Armadillo, thank you sir.

IMG_5803cre.jpg

Closer view of a pod. I like the diving bell shape of them.

IMG_5805cre.jpg

That's it for now, hope you enjoyed.

patrick said:
The white bags I'm using have a black interior. If it's a lining it's very thin. Go right through it with my not very sharp Swiss Army knife.

Hmmm, might be so you could turn it inside out and use the black side for cooler climates.

Nice update with some pod beauties. :)

Plants are doing great Patrick. Those Champion pods are pretty neat looking. They are a sweet pepper right?

Thanks for the kind words SS and Josh.

Never grown the Champion before but they were suggested to me when I was asking for suggestions for sweet ones. I hope I don't get banned or bushwhacked for this but it isn't always about the heat for me. (he says as he scrambles for the exit)

patrick said:
...it isn't always about the heat for me.

You rat bastard! haha nah that's cool. I could be wrong but I think Potawie really enjoys them. Not sure. Potawie you out there?

hey nice plants patrick, taht must have been a shitload of rain to fill that barrel, by the way what the hell is that in the barrel just to the right of the jack daniels? looks like a dead duck or something.

Nice plants Patrick.

Silver_Surfer said:
Do those grow bags have some sort of inner lining? I've never used them, just curious what materials are used in their fabrication.

I've got 2 different types of bags. One type I have is thin and I use them for a few seedlings for potting up, since I wouldn't trust them if I had to pick them up with a large amount of dirt in them. I got my larger bags from a hydro shop and they are a thicker bag, somewhere around 4 mils thick. I can pick these up with the plant and 5 gals of dirt in them just by the top of the bag and they don't even stretch. I guess like a heavy duty contractor grade trash bag type material is what they remind me of.

Time for an update.

Here's a Champion pepper. This is the first year growing them so I'm not sure when they're ripe. Does anyone know if they turn red or just this beautiful yellow?

IMG_6050.jpg

Can't wait to eat one.

Next up is a very ugly Bhut Jolokia pod. I was thinking about teasing it but decided not to. Looks like it has enough problems.

IMG_6052re.jpg

One ugly mutha.

Here's a pic of some Trinidad Scorpions. Very shy bastages.

IMG_6057re.jpg

Here's a new one for me this year, it's called an Aldaberto (?) habanero. I think.

IMG_6063re.jpg

more to come....

Another pic of the Aldaberto hab.

IMG_6064re.jpg

Chocolate Fatalii. This baby decided it's time to start putting out peppers.

IMG_6066re.jpg

Closer look underneath.

IMG_6067re.jpg

That's it for now, see ya all later.:)

Thanks guys.

Here's one for you. This is a 7 Pot and the green is washing out of the entire plant. It's still growing and producing and is being fed just like the rest of the plants. It also has the same growing medium being used. I've used Miracle Gro, other ferts, Epsom salts, fed through the roots and though the leaves. Yet no green. Ideas?

Here's the plant:

IMG_6078re.jpg

Here's the peppers:

IMG_6077re.jpg

Got me stumped.

Is that one you got from me patrick because that does not look like mine. That pod almost looks like it want to turn chocolate on you. Seeds get mixed and pods don't alway turn out like expected. I haven't looked at your thread in a couple weeks and all you plants look great patrick. Lots of pods on the way.;)

Thanks Cappy. Nope that isn't one of yours. Yours are just now beginning to set some pods. This one came from another member on this site.

It has a bit of the brain strain pimpling on it and that's about it. I think I may isolate a few pods before they flower and save a few seeds for the fun of it. Be cool if I had an albino 7 Pot.

Sweeeeeet! Patrick. You've got a lot of picking to do soon. Nice job man.

Not to be a buzz kill...

I've got three Bhuts with lots of pods that look nothing like your Bhut pods. I would have to say yours are the real deal. I've been thinking the past few weeks mine are not Bhuts. Very disappointed as my seeds came from a known online seed company folks are familiar with on this forum. Even the Naga from the same company is looking like these unknown pods.

Oh well...I guess that is how it goes sometimes.

Again, great job brother.

Back