• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

AJ you use fertilizers this early in the game? When do you begin? What do you use? Hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks

patrick said:
AJ you use fertilizers this early in the game? When do you begin? What do you use? Hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks

Best thing for seedlings is a bit of Round-Up. ;)

Sprinkle a bit on AJ's for me too while you're at it.

patrick said:
AJ you use fertilizers this early in the game? When do you begin? What do you use?

Yes. The plants have not seen any plain water since they were put in the soil..

Botanicare Pro Gro - recommended stength, 1Tbsp peroxide per gallon, and 1 drop superthirive per gallon.

lots of people disagree with giving nutrients so early...

AlabamaJack said:
Yes. The plants have not seen any plain water since they were put in the soil..

Botanicare Pro Gro - recommended stength, 1Tbsp peroxide per gallon, and 1 drop superthirive per gallon.

lots of people disagree with giving nutrients so early...
it's been Neptune's Harvest seaweed (dosage for germination), superthrive, and peroxide for me.

Well as i said before....... i question the quality of the fatalii seeds i had.

Only one has come up and it has sat stagnant..... as did the only other one to ome up about 9 months ago.

The one about 9 months ago was stunted compared to the other plants i had going and died very fast when put in sun light. The others dropped leaves but came back with bells on!

My one baby has sat as is from sprouting for the last few days and considering its been in 40 to 50 deg heat in my pool yard it did well to survive. Its a tad yellow from the heat and i have moved itto be shaded after lunch time.

Might give it some N but not holding my breath.

i usually get 90 to 95% strike with seeds and my fatalii seeds got 2 in 20.

cheers

I hope you get more to sprout Tony...

The regular fatalii seeds I got from Tomato Growers are doing the best but only 10/18. The red and chocolate fataliis are growing like mad...and have 11/12 so far

oh did i hear Fatali

heres My 1 atm,, this is from seedsaver stock got ages ago and thought put in a few New,,, 2005 #1214

its a Beauty

Fatali.jpg

:D

AlabamaJack said:
I hope you get more to sprout Tony...

The regular fatalii seeds I got from Tomato Growers are doing the best but only 10/18. The red and chocolate fataliis are growing like mad...and have 11/12 so far

Im not hopefull AJ.

I got mine fron the chilliseed company. everything else they sent sprouted 4 from 5 but these........

Oh well

I have killer devisl tongues from Mick's first batch of Jerk Sauce going nuts......... that will do me fo r the season.

Getting some flower drop......... might load them up with some B&B as per Bent and the douglah and HSCo.

cant hurt.

cheers

what is your night time temps Tony?

I have 12 plants up now (thanks to AJ) that I started in paper towels on the 7th. Now I am trying to get some more exotic seeds started.
I got a cookbook that mentions pasado(not sure of spelling), costeno amarillo, and italia. This is probably not the right thread for this, but does anyone have seeds for these?

You guys are in trouble now...am pouring the lumens to the seedlings...just moved them under 25K lumens..they will either grow or burn up....temp 86F

012209c002.jpg

AJ your little guys look heaps better than mine and I think mine sprouted a day or 2 before yours.........:banghead:

My are just starting to show signs of the first set of true leaves.....

I am going to start my grow box this long weekend (if the better half allows it to be so:lol:) and I am going to be running 2 x 600W grow light fluros with a temperature controller running a heater and fan...

I'm making it big enough to fit 2 fuuly grown plants. I'm thinking 1.2m deep x 2.4m wide x 2m high? Does that sound about right?

Nah, for your "fully grown" plants something the size of a shoebox should suffice...

Doesn't matter anyway, when you go on you holiday i will be around your house like a flash, with lots of napalm of course. :)

moyboy said:
I'm making it big enough to fit 2 fuuly grown plants. I'm thinking 1.2m deep x 2.4m wide x 2m high? Does that sound about right?

that should be big enough for 2 I would think...maybe 3 depending on what type plant

All 6 of my Fatalii's are doing fine but growing slow. I can't keep the soil temp up enough with the dome removed. But with the dome, too much humidity. All but a few of my seeds have germinated. Started the 1st transplants to Pro Mix BX in a cup yesterday. I'm going to experiment with putting a few transplants down in my cooler basement but which has a lot of natural light. Where my overwinter plants are currently residing.

Here's a humorous pic a seed cap that just doesn't want to let go of this Bhut.
3220600868_356302fabc_b.jpg

Back