• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad "Douglah" 7 Pot

Douglah's looking nice! It's just a matter of time now. :)

Chris

bentalphanerd said:
3 weeks later & little Douglah gets a new home :)

douglah2uv1.jpg

the douglah has grown about another 4" since that pic...the things a triffid! looks like little flower nodes forming on top.

the 7's have about a dozen 1 cm pods on them and 20+ flowers...

its so exciting :onfire:

Promise I am not trying to hijack thread and trying to stay on subject here but has anyone read that the leaves of plants grown under artificial light are larger than when outside under sunlight...said they were larger for more surface area to collect the light when under artificials....

I have a Tobago Seasoning outside and some of the leaves are huge measureing (not stem ) leaf alone 6-7 inches... I am not sure if thats same size as Chris's... ??

I'm growing Tobago Seasoning in the "not so good English" sunshine and I have noticed how big the leaves are but the plant is really short.

My chocolate habanero plant was grown outdoors in sunlight only and had huge leaves, 6 inches across. But as it got larger and started to flower the leaves got smaller. They are nowabout 2 inches across and the plant is very healthy with lots of fruit.

My Scorpion, 7 Pot and Devils Tongue are all getting the same big young leaves as they grow.

Will get some pics and post them when i get a chance.

I love this ste!

cheers

Edit..... found a pic of my Chocolate hab when small

Chocolatehabs-1.jpg

The plant isnt much more that 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide and its produced lots of fruit and as you can see the leaves are a 1/3rd the size.

chocolatehabs2.jpg

Will be interesting to see how the Douglah goes.

My point being that big leaves doesnt always mean a huge plant.

cheers

Well it's been another week...so I can post more baby pics lol. They grow up so fast *sniff* 14 weeks from seed & Douglah has 6 little flower nodes around the crown.

douglahflwrnodesnw0.jpg

Some of the little 7's on one plant. {& a little aphid damage...little sh*s}

little7szw4.jpg

You blink Bent and that little Douglah will be off to college..it's growing so quickly. Next it's going to demand a larger room.

Chris

Lucky, lucky you, Bent. I heard that that little Douglah is the purest fire ;)
Already 6 flowers? If envy would kill ... :rolleyes:

Best wishes :)

Margarida

indeed an amazing looking plant t/t seems to be blessed with some superb variety of chili plants and some of the hottest it seems.
its about time i went..just gotta save the money and its my 25th wedding anniversary this year so id better take the wife somewhere nice.Trinihottie whats it like in feb/march time weather wise,if you dont mind me asking?

the little Douglah is only a day or 2 away from opening the flowers...

douglahflwrsv5.jpg

Put the Shroud of Douglah on today.

douglahshroudsy4.jpg

I bring it inside at night to live by the hot water tank :cool:

bentalphanerd said:
the little Douglah is only a day or 2 away from opening the flowers...

douglahflwrsv5.jpg

Put the Shroud of Douglah on today.

douglahshroudsy4.jpg

I bring it inside at night to live by the hot water tank :cool:

You the man!

Back