grocery WHAM, BAM, LET’S EAT SOME SPAM

stettoman

Extreme Member
This ginned up virus panic had one perk: Costco ran out of their "low-sodium" Spam, so the wife had to let me buy a couple cases of ORIGINAL for the pantry....I haven't been allowed the real Spam in years...

Rajun Gardener said:
I made some a while back and might have to make more since Ya'll brought it up except with some of the recommendations from the thread. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/66203-spam-musubi/?hl=musubi
post-12127-0-42548600-1507407188.jpg
GD, all it's missing is a square square piece of scrambled eggs. In okinawa those were 2 for ¥300 at rifle range. Man that brings memories

Bou

Extreme Member
WTF??! It looks like someone in the golden arches empire has just been exposed to hard drugs...!

texas blues said:

Most likely.

A store in Honolulu.

Or Anchorage.

Hawaiians.

And Alaskans.

Love SPAM.

I do too.

So does mrs. blues.

But the 'thang is this.

If it that pic.

Was from a store in Anchorage.

It'd be right next to a bigass aisle.

Of Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

I shiteth you not.

you beat me to the Hawaiian thang TB. I was just about to mention that. It seems to be worth about as much as gold per ounce there. 

skullbiker

Extreme Member
Well, I've been hitting the spam again lately, a couple of Spam with Pepperjack cheese on Sourdough bread sandwiches. Then the other night I thought...........Hmmmmmm.........Spam is ham and Pork shoulder so, diced up, lnto the pork and beans it went.

F53E0A79-7B5D-46AB-9CB2-1E0EA97B4647.jpeg

OK, so I had a half a can left of each Spam and the pork and beans and was wondering how to take it up another notch. Well, what is a wonderful compliment to pork??? Yep, PINEAPPLE, and I just cut up the last of our home grown ones.

1B6F5AD9-BB10-4E24-B990-183676C8D82B.jpeg

TWO WORDS: TASTED GREAT

Did you know that Guam is known for having the people who eat the most SPAM per capitia?
I grew up in the US Army & SPAM was the food everyone knew was from Uncle SPAM
so when I was on Guam 68/69 I was in good company . Spam Lu-ows LOL.

Well, I've been hitting the spam again lately, a couple of Spam with Pepperjack cheese on Sourdough bread sandwiches. Then the other night I thought...........Hmmmmmm.........Spam is ham and Pork shoulder so, diced up, lnto the pork and beans it went.

F53E0A79-7B5D-46AB-9CB2-1E0EA97B4647.jpeg

OK, so I had a half a can left of each Spam and the pork and beans and was wondering how to take it up another notch. Well, what is a wonderful compliment to pork??? Yep, PINEAPPLE, and I just cut up the last of our home grown ones.

1B6F5AD9-BB10-4E24-B990-183676C8D82B.jpeg

TWO WORDS: TASTED GREAT
Can't beat Spam so many meal combinations and always have a tin when I'm river fishing.🙂