• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grocery WHAM, BAM, LET’S EAT SOME SPAM

Rajun Gardener said:
I made some a while back and might have to make more since Ya'll brought it up except with some of the recommendations from the thread. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/66203-spam-musubi/?hl=musubi
post-12127-0-42548600-1507407188.jpg
GD, all it's missing is a square square piece of scrambled eggs. In okinawa those were 2 for ¥300 at rifle range. Man that brings memories

WTF??! It looks like someone in the golden arches empire has just been exposed to hard drugs...!

texas blues said:

Most likely.

A store in Honolulu.

Or Anchorage.

Hawaiians.

And Alaskans.

Love SPAM.

I do too.

So does mrs. blues.

But the 'thang is this.

If it that pic.

Was from a store in Anchorage.

It'd be right next to a bigass aisle.

Of Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

I shiteth you not.

you beat me to the Hawaiian thang TB. I was just about to mention that. It seems to be worth about as much as gold per ounce there. 

Well, I've been hitting the spam again lately, a couple of Spam with Pepperjack cheese on Sourdough bread sandwiches. Then the other night I thought...........Hmmmmmm.........Spam is ham and Pork shoulder so, diced up, lnto the pork and beans it went.

F53E0A79-7B5D-46AB-9CB2-1E0EA97B4647.jpeg

OK, so I had a half a can left of each Spam and the pork and beans and was wondering how to take it up another notch. Well, what is a wonderful compliment to pork??? Yep, PINEAPPLE, and I just cut up the last of our home grown ones.

1B6F5AD9-BB10-4E24-B990-183676C8D82B.jpeg

TWO WORDS: TASTED GREAT

Did you know that Guam is known for having the people who eat the most SPAM per capitia?
I grew up in the US Army & SPAM was the food everyone knew was from Uncle SPAM
so when I was on Guam 68/69 I was in good company . Spam Lu-ows LOL.

Did you know that Guam is known for having the people who eat the most SPAM per capitia?
I grew up in the US Army & SPAM was the food everyone knew was from Uncle SPAM
so when I was on Guam 68/69 I was in good company . Spam Lu-ows LOL.
Spam and Guam boonies.😋😉

Well, I've been hitting the spam again lately, a couple of Spam with Pepperjack cheese on Sourdough bread sandwiches. Then the other night I thought...........Hmmmmmm.........Spam is ham and Pork shoulder so, diced up, lnto the pork and beans it went.

F53E0A79-7B5D-46AB-9CB2-1E0EA97B4647.jpeg

OK, so I had a half a can left of each Spam and the pork and beans and was wondering how to take it up another notch. Well, what is a wonderful compliment to pork??? Yep, PINEAPPLE, and I just cut up the last of our home grown ones.

1B6F5AD9-BB10-4E24-B990-183676C8D82B.jpeg

TWO WORDS: TASTED GREAT
Can't beat Spam so many meal combinations and always have a tin when I'm river fishing.🙂

Back