• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

stumbled across this yesterday: http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/ring-of-fire-shrimps/ and realized we had some shrimp.

didn't have that hot sauce and just used premade alfredo sauce.

followed the instructions basically to a t other than that. while the shrimp was cooking, i put on some black pepper.

covered my plate with pasta and shrimp, poured on the sauce, then added a healthy dose of jersey death to my plate and gave it a good mixing. it was very good! really easy to make too. didn't think about a picture until it was a little too late. :lol:

IMG_4269s.jpg

close up
IMG_4270s.jpg

Intensity Academy said:
Served this with Grilled shrimp....Very YUMMY!

Spicy Island Peas and Rice

1(13.5oz) can coconut milk
1 cup chiz broth
1/4 cup raisins
4 tbs Hot 2 Hot Sauce
1 (10oz) pkg yellow rice
1.5 cups frozen peas

Combine coco milk, chix broth, raisins, sauce in pan. Cover & boil. Stir in rice cover return to boil cook 2min. Stir again Reduce temp to low & cover cook 20 min. or until tender. Stir in peas at the end.

Ingredients look very similar to a great curry. Do you do any curry recipes? I love to eat them, but I've never really tried cooking one.

made a really simple one tonight..one of my favorites though.

pan fried onions and peppers (red habaneros) with pieces of jalapeno sausage.

habs with quarter for size reference. didn't cut any bits out..just wound up slicing them up good.
IMG_4284s.jpg

everything prepped and ready to go..only used 3 of the habs since i have another half of the sausage for later consumption.
IMG_4286s.jpg

onions and peppers in the skillet...was making me cough a bit. haha
IMG_4287s.jpg

finished product. was trying to think of something good to go as a side dish. didn't think of anything so i just wound up using a little mustard to dip in.
IMG_4288s.jpg

Winter Squash Soup with Fried Sage Leaves

Winter Squash Soup with Fried Sage Leaves

I'm making this for Thanksgiving, so I thought I would give it a trial run last night. Only, since it was for me, I added some Lemon Drop peppers to liven it up. I sauteed them with the onions and other spices.

ok I have to fess up after the last 4 days of the ring of fire I was the only one home tonight so I made a batch of wings(I live wings) and I coated them with franks redhot extra hot.think my rear end is filing for drvorce soon lol

CP...I coat my wings with a dusting of Lawry's seasoned salt, then marinade in buttermilk or ranch dressing for 12 hours. I then drain and roll in Progresso plain breadcrumbs and bake. Fresh out of the oven I throw them into a stainless steel bowl and toss whatever sauce I am into....lately Bonesuckin' extra hot BBQ. I did a batch last week using my own mango hab sauce. Whew! I lit up like a pinball machine on 220v. Winga ding ding!
Cheers, TB.

xgrafcorex said:
made a really simple one tonight..one of my favorites though.

pan fried onions and peppers (red habaneros) with pieces of jalapeno sausage.

That looks really nice... and really hot...

My dinner tonight - Thai jungle curry with pork... was nice, and very hot... full of birds eye chillies. There's a lot more sauce there than you can see in the photo, it sunk into the rice.

junglecurry.jpg

They sure are - whole green peppercorns, red curry paste (store bought, couldn't be bothered making my own), the chillies, kaffir lime leaves, basil, fish sauce & chicken stock are the main ingredients, plus the meat and veggies (green beans, capsicum, zucchini).

nachos!
IMG_4317s.jpg

diced onion, jalapeno, sprinkled on a healthy dose of garlic powder, black pepper, and some everglades heat (seasoned salt). the cheese was what i had left of the habanero pepper jack cheese, and some i picked up today that was the same only jalapeno instead. the meat was crumbled "hot" italian style sausage from the grocery store.

IMG_4319s.jpg

i remembered how well marco's hot sauce went with tacos and figured this was pretty close so i used that to top it off. the beer is wolaver's IPA.

looks good xgrafcorex.

Here's a photo of my dinner tonight. Thick 550g rump steak covered in habanero paste, BBQ'd to medium-rare. Throw in a few James Squire stubbies (and a little bit of rabbit food), and I had quite a enjoyable (and spicy) meal.

hab-rump.jpg

Last nights BBQ lamb leg went into todays sandwich roll..
Started with a layer of avocado then lamb - then a coating of chilliman64's Yellow Hab sauce...(i swear he could retire on this recipe)

start_SML.jpg

Extra layers of Australian fetta cheese, vine tomato and hot baby radish sprouts...

layers_SML.jpg

Lunch is served...

lunch_SML.jpg

I rode the heat wave for a while then doused my tongue with some gourmet Mango Yoghurt.

Sooo who's coming to lunch tomorrow?? :lol:

Back