• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Spinach tortellini with tomato/olive/scotch bonnet sauce. Sorry, but my mouth was quicker than my camera! :) *belch!*

Last weekend I cooked the tangerine chutney (see my profile) with a handful of red Uganda habs... turned out quite good, everybody liked a little bit of it with some nachos, then they quit, now the rest is up to me ..... :hell:

Still cooking it but tonight is:

Kangaroo mini-roast mmmmm with spuds etc.

to fit into this thread I'll be slicing up a ripe winter size 7-pot on the side.

bentalphanerd said:
Still cooking it but tonight is:

Kangaroo mini-roast mmmmm with spuds etc.

to fit into this thread I'll be slicing up a ripe winter size 7-pot on the side.

Kangaroo is fine! You don't get it everywhere in Germany. But you can get it in some stores in Berlin where I used to live a few years ago. I liked it but didn't try it too hot in those days.
Ostrich is another great meat you don't fall over here in the country side.

yeah - think we're the only countrty on earth to eat the animals on our national coat of arms.

Its very sweet & gamy (starnge mix) & this is the first time I worked out how to cook it without it going tough.

Will make a great sandwich tomorrow with tomato & asian birdseye

bentalphanerd said:
yeah - think we're the only countrty on earth to eat the animals on our national coat of arms.

At least you don't waist anything..Never tried roo last time i was there :lol:

Cooking a pot of chili today! I will freeze most of it for later, but will enjoy some of it with a mate and an ice cold beer tonite!

Hey ya'll, I cooked this up the other night and am just getting around to posting the pics..

I sauteed some filets of wild coho salmon in half and half butter and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste then hit it with cream and sweet thai chile sauce and half a minced orange hab to jack it up just a lil' bit. Here's the evidence...

Dusted with flour and happy happy..
0080.jpg

With a nice crust...
0081.jpg

Added the cream, sweet thai, and hab...
0082.jpg

Viola!! Sex on a plate!
0088.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Great looking meal TB.

I'm having a tough day - grilled some sausages and eating them like hotdogs in sliced bread with slices of fresh 7-pot while watching the Oz MotoGP ...

...and a few beers

TB - the salmon looks good.

heres my dinner, BBQ pork ribs & w/fresh homemade salsa ate w/lime flavored chips (fatalii,peach hab,jamaican hot choc chiles used)

DSCF1890.jpg

Some of my DiGiorno Ultimate Focaccia Pizza.
It's pepperoni w/ red chile flakes on a thick Focaccia crust with Asiago cheese.

Fantastic pizza for store-bought.

S6301821.JPG

S6301822.JPG

Added mushrooms, onions, hab and chipotle powder, serranos, and extra cheeses.

Also made up some chicken rings topped w/ cheese and chile arbol powder & garlic salt.

Tasty.

Back