• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Back Ribs!
Ribs were rubbed down with chipotle tobasco and then with my wifes favorite spicy cajun rub. Then smoke for about five hours with pecan wood. Oh yeah my mouth is waterin just thinkin about it. Well it wasnt that hot but the sauce (served on the side) Is my home made stuff. Its called "The Dark Side of Barbecue". It will get your attention in a hurry...good flavor, good texture, great heat!

Served with home made onion rings and cold beer....Oh Yeah....

Next in line said:
Back Ribs!
Ribs were rubbed down with chipotle tobasco and then with my wifes favorite spicy cajun rub. Then smoke for about five hours with pecan wood. Oh yeah my mouth is waterin just thinkin about it. Well it wasnt that hot but the sauce (served on the side) Is my home made stuff. Its called "The Dark Side of Barbecue". It will get your attention in a hurry...good flavor, good texture, great heat!

Served with home made onion rings and cold beer....Oh Yeah....

Welcome Nil... and the ribs sound pretty tasty. I gotta' tell ya' though, it is torture worse than waterboarding when you don't post pics!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Welcome Nil... and the ribs sound pretty tasty. I gotta' tell ya' though, it is torture worse than waterboarding when you don't post pics!

Cheers, TB.

Here we go again.
I get the same s**t on the smokin forum...
Its like this... If I buy the camera to show you guys pics then there aint no meat to take pictures of...sorry...dont mean to torture anyone...but the ribs were amazing!!!

Next in line said:
Here we go again.
I get the same s**t on the smokin forum...
Its like this... If I buy the camera to show you guys pics then there aint no meat to take pictures of...sorry...dont mean to torture anyone...but the ribs were amazing!!!

I'm guessing you're talkin' about "on the smokin' forum" as in bbq. If not, post pics of the other smoke.

Seriously, if you can't post pics, its all cool and the gang. We're glad to have you and your posts anyhow!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
I'm guessing you're talkin' about "on the smokin' forum" as in bbq. If not, post pics of the other smoke.

Seriously, if you can't post pics, its all cool and the gang. We're glad to have you and your posts anyhow!

Cheers, TB.

TB... no pics of the other smoke either...

unfortunately The culinary advocate that I am, have been unable to pursue my hobby due to being deployed but I did grind about 50 nagas to a course consistency so I could put them in a pepper mill to bring to iraq..I put dashes on everything I eat from ramen to eggs

Talljess said:
unfortunately The culinary advocate that I am, have been unable to pursue my hobby due to being deployed but I did grind about 50 nagas to a course consistency so I could put them in a pepper mill to bring to iraq..I put dashes on everything I eat from ramen to eggs

That's pretty awesome. Best of luck of there mate.

Here's something I made yesterday. It's sort of a chowder.

S6302899.JPG

S6302901.JPG

It's all started off as just making some pasta then just kinda developed a life of it's own as I added stuff. ;)

It has; a can of crushed roasted tomatos, mexican oregano, rosemary, Sea Salt & Black Pepper, a handful of japanese pods, some peguins, some cayenne/chipotle powders, some beef bullion, a shot of Worcestershire sauce, thinly sliced potatoes (for body and thickening), peas, garlic, onions, flaked "crab", and my own curried chicken.

Ended up making WAY too much, but it'll be a nice food item for awhile. Very tasty after it's melded all together overnight.

-QS

QuadShotz said:
Brunch skillet-thingy here.

Needed some wakey-wakey power after last night, so fried up some hot breakfast sausage, then added this:

S6302569.jpg

The Green stuff is cilantro, potatos were pre-nuked for about 4mins. so wouldn't take so long then peeled and diced. The 8" chef knife is for scale...and cutting stuff too. ;-)

Also added some curry powder, S&P, red pepper, chile powder, and a dash of thyme and mexican oregano. Came out tasty, and those jalas were hot..only 'bout 10 very large seeds in 'em. Weird things from Mexico, and extra hot so seeds saved.

Also had to double-wash my hands after cutting up the habs as got sticky cap stuff all over..very potent lil buggers. :)

S6302576.jpg

Served up w/ grated Monterey Jack, Buttered Toast and freshly ground Double-Dark Sumatra Dark Roast. (cam batteries croaked b4 that tho, oops)

Good stuff..would nice for Pita Bread, but don't have ATM. Leftovers will be assimilated into a burrito of some sort.

**Edit**

I was still hungry, and the batteries were charged now, so spread some hab jack on a tort, added the skillet mixture, topped off with a bit more Jack and El Pato Salsa Picante Jalapeno.

S6302580.JPG

Awesome.

-QS

Holy Hell. Looks quite tasty.... looks like AWESOME camping breakfast! I'd use some hot link instead of the sausage though.

Shared a defrosted Burkina Ebil Hab with a neighbor tonight..he didn't die and actually liked it. A good man. Gave him a few to torture the roomamtes with....

Tecyhnically, was cooked...defrosted is cooking eh? ;)

Got chicken thighs in the fridge that have been marinating in yoghurt/tandoori spices for 8 hours. Gonna have them with moong dhal topped with loads of red birdeye chillies, and red chilli poppadoms -I can't freakin' wait!

Last weekend I had a drunken craving for Taco Bell. I saw something new on their menu...cheese roll-ups. They're simply a tortilla rolled up w/ cheese. I've started making these @ home for a quick & easy snack. Some I've made hotter than others, depending on my mood. I use a variety of habs, jals, El Yucateco, & pequin powder (not all @ the same time...but I may have to try one, lol). They're awesome!

My late snack yesterday.

S6302910.JPG

'Tators, Smoked Hot Sausage, Onions, Garlic, S&P, Dill, some cayenne and chili powders, and a liberal dose of Scorpion's Blood for kicks. (that is why the spuds look kinda yellow-green besides the fact it was dark out)

Fried all up in a pan with a spot of extra real butter since the sausage is pretty lean. Good grubbin' stuff in less time than it'd take to buy a burger!

All it would need is eggs and cheese to be a full meal. :)

Yep, that's the one. It's very tasty stuff. I probably wouldn't have bought any, but my g/f got me a jar of that and some Habanero pepper for my b-day awhile back. My only complaint is that the Fire Salt isn't hot enough. I usually have to add cayenne to whatever I'm putting it on because my tolerance has gone up. Lately I've just been dicing up a whole serrano and throwing that into the mix. I may have to add a serrano per-egg because it still wasn't all that hot.

I have laugh when I look back at what I used to think was hot. It's also a bit sad too... I feel like I've lost my innocence...:cry: :mope: So in summary, I'm happy and angry!

Quad your snack looks awesome!!! You're right, it's just screaming for scrambled eggs & cheese, but what you have there looks tasty enough!

Back