• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

can of baked beans with leftover pork chops cut up, chili powder, paprika, garlic and onion powder, onions, some extract hot sauce and sat on the grill for several hours....i need to make some REAL homemade beans....

Some yummy breakfast stuff...

S6302923.JPG

S6302924.JPG

S6302928.JPG

Roast Beef fried up with onions and Nova's Naga 666 sauce, a couple eggs, then topped with more sauce, s&p, and a sprinkle of aged gouda.

On toast spread with a spot of mayo mixed with the 666 sauce and garlic salt.

Mmmmm, Good Grub!!
cooking-egg-31.gif

I'll have to a proper review shortly, but wanted to share this anyways. Love that sauce mate!

-QS

Quad, whose sauce is that? 'Lawd have mercy that stuff must be hot! You are always tip top with the incredy brecky pics. Now all you need is Impy's input to come full circle!! You may be the brecky king...but she is definitely the brecky queen!!

Cheers, TB.

Yeah, it's a scorcher alrighty.

Basically, it's roast beef and eggs on toast with a blast of heat. :D

I woulda liked more cheese and some mushrooms, but I've yet to go food shopping.

The sauce is Novacastrian's homemade "Naga 666" sauce: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=11461

It's got Nagas/Habs/Mango and such in it. A fantastic upfront hit and a nice sweetish flavor with a good burntime. Really is a fine sauce and I'm very happy he let me try it out. :)

Yeah, I was thinkin' it was Nova's but not sure. In a couple weeks Philiperv is coming through Vegas and hopefully he's got naga's to trade! I'd love to grow some and make a sauce of it.

BTW..where are we at on the throwdown? If you don't wanna' do the iron chef ingredient 'thang, I'm thinking burgers. What say you? Drop me a pm and lets pow wow.

Cheers, TB.

Not very exciting, and no pictures, but I made salmon on the grill this weekend and fired it up a little with some of "Miss Anna's Hot Pepper Sauce" from the Virgin Islands.

It's a mustardy Scotch Bonnet sauce with madras curry powder so common in the East Caribbean. I didn't care for the taste of it right off the spoon, but on the salmon is was AWESOME. I warned my guests that the salmon with the orange sauce was the "hot" variety but it still sent a few of them after a glass of milk. :-)

I also tried some of the salmon with a Jamaican-style jerk seasoning sauce called "Chili Loco" made locally here (San Rafael, CA) by Peppahead. It was probably the most popular of the salmon I served. The kids liked the salt-and-pepper version, but the grown ups went for the jerk-seasoned ones and the adventurous enjoyed the scotch bonnets. My first foray into cooking with a few bottles from my rapidly growing collection of hot sauces. (I accidentally typed "rabid" instead of "rapid" and almost left it.)

Steve

ImpyChick said:
Last weekend I had a drunken craving for Taco Bell.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one!

texas blues said:
Yeah, I was thinkin' it was Nova's but not sure. In a couple weeks Philiperv is coming through Vegas and hopefully he's got naga's to trade! I'd love to grow some and make a sauce of it.

Sorry TB but I'm not gonna try sneaking in fresh peppers this because I almost got caught the last time, besides, I already put them all in the sauce that I will be bringing. Will bring you some Naga seeds though.

Perv, I remember the Canadian incident and meant seeds. Leave it to someone from Homeland Security to blow it all out of proportion.

Cheers, TB.

Well, I did hava whole big post about making this super-quick spam & eggs w/ naga 666 sauce, cheese, veggies and stuff. It's like 5-8 mins to make the whole thing.

But, I accidentally closed the browser before I'd saved it. :(

So, frell it.

Brekky:

S6303074.jpg

S6303077.jpg

Well, I'd had lots about 11pm-2am lastnite/this morn around time of doing the Scorpion Blood review... ;)

This brekky was after all that though.

I got busy today in the kitchen and cooked up a few meals:

My "non-authentic" Chili:

Meals001.jpg

Some pasta sauce:

Meals002.jpg

Bubbling away:

Meals006.jpg

And lastly some chicken wraps:

Meals003.jpg

2AM adn I'm wanting something to eat.

So, I took some leftover dough from teh fridge adn made this...

A Personal Size Pizza w/ Smoked deli turkey, onion, O-hab, tomato, anaheim, and mushrooms with lots of Mozz. Using chipotle adobo as the sauce, adn crushed Pequins on the cheese...Smmmoookey!

Stuff:

After dough was room temp, re-kneaded and stretched it, then prebaked it for like 10 mins. Then, spread with the chipotle adobo...this one's from TX and is rather hot for an Adobo.

S6303177.jpg

Layered in teh meat, some mozz, then the veggies adn a sprinkle of Mozz again.

S6303180.jpg

Cooked it away until toppings were gettiing cooked and crust was getting browned...then REALLY added the Mozz, sprinkled on a mess of crushed Peuins. (after eating a few...dam I love those things...it's like smokey hot candy!)

Then let it go to town until done.

Voila!!

S6303184.jpg

S6303187.jpg

Very spicy, smokey, and Mmmmm...delish!

SNaCKz:

S6303229.jpg

SLiced french bread, rubbed with EVOO, sprinkled wit onion & garlic powders, topped with Mozz, and chile powder adn toasted.

Mmmm. A nice 2min snack. :D

Back