food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

QuadShotz said:
Thx TB, it was fun.

No ring-sting today either... ;)

Funny...it only takes one or two habs the night before to have me shakin' a tailfeather the next day. A bhut and a hab would have me posting from The Blues $hitter all morning.

Now if I could only patent asswipe made out of icecream....and preferably not rocky road!

quad - killer looking dethburrito!!!

heres my meal I had tonight w/skol & harp beer.
red onions, garlic, jam. hot cho., fatalii

DSCF3703.jpg

venison backstraps (fresh from last week)

DSCF3708.jpg

final meal

DSCF3721.jpg

Very nice CH.
Here's this morning's breakfast, Quadgyver style:

11109001.jpg

Black pudding, pork sausages, eggs, tomato, extra tasty cheese, s/p. paprika. And topped with NagaSav. Was a bit too much for breakfast, couldn't fit it all in. She's not pretty but it did the job.

11109002.jpg

chilehunter said:
quad - killer looking dethburrito!!!

heres my meal I had tonight w/skol & harp beer.
red onions, garlic, jam. hot cho., fatalii

DSCF3703.jpg

venison backstraps (fresh from last week)

DSCF3708.jpg

final meal

DSCF3721.jpg

ooh,oooh, my. That may be the best thing I've seen here so far. I'm swooning, must go lie down, now! ;)

TB - I'd like to try some moose one day, I'm gonna ask a couple uncles if they want to hunt moose & start applying for a moose tag - its a once in lifetime tag for us here & low tag #'s

seeyoujimmy (can I just call you CUJ ?) - it doesnt always have to be foo foo pretty to be a great meal, the ingredients are good & looks good so I bet it tasted great!

celeste - thanks, though this time it didnt carmelize up as nice as I've had before.

Made some spicy meat filling again for burritos and whatever.

S6304578.jpg

Unlabeled Spices on the left and right are: Smokey Bacon Salt and Chipotle-Japanese Chile Powder.

Not pictured: Mexican Oregano

Veggies are: Onion, Serranos, Garlic, Cilantro, Green Onion, and the red stuff is a minced Trinidad Scorpion.

Meat used is lean ground beef and Falls Brand Basque Chorizo.

Cookin' up the meat with some of the spices and a shot of Sriracha.
S6304580.jpg

Now with everything added and simmering for awhile...
S6304592.jpg

All done..and gotta have a Burrito shot...with added ColbyJack. :-)

combined.jpg

Yeah, you get a chunk of TS in every bite..it's awesome.
It's also great with added tomato sauce for Sloppy Joe's.

~QS

Nice Quady. Chorizo is one of the few meats that I keep stocked at all times. Same with tortilla's. Other than the oddball bagel, I don't buy bread. Burrito it is!

Thanks guys, that Falls Chorizo is made just over the Idaho border by Independent Meat Co. and they make killer stuff. :)

Their Smoked Hot Sausage is one of my faves too.

Family-owned since 1904, I like supporting a good local biz like that.
Also, they are very conscious...no hormones, no glutens, no MSG, few nitrates, and have SQF Certification.

http://www.independentmeat.com/
http://www.independentmeat.com/info/behind-the-recipe/

(the recipe pix on the front page alone are drool-worthy...)

CH I love the deer tenderloins. I ration mine out for the year, but I am just about out. Luckily it's only 6 weeks till Rifle season.

quad - killer looking burrito, looks like it was nice an hot :cool:

JT - archery opened sept 19, firearm season nov 7 :P

just wished the motel freezer part was bigger cuz I would of brought up more with me.....had some venison burger chilli tonight - like before but this time added a couple more 7pots.

Just use one of the ice machines, it's getting on toward winter, they probably aren't being used much. If they are put an out of order sign on one.:lol:

Our rifle season is in full swing. My buddy and I got a moose each this past saturday (20 yards apart too :) ). Then on sunday we went out and beat the bush to help his uncle and long time family friend get theirs. Both had a moose down before 10 am. The first two days in and we're done. Going to look for a few deer next. Should make for some decent spicy foods :)

Blister said:
Our rifle season is in full swing. My buddy and I got a moose each this past saturday (20 yards apart too :) ). Then on sunday we went out and beat the bush to help his uncle and long time family friend get theirs. Both had a moose down before 10 am. The first two days in and we're done. Going to look for a few deer next. Should make for some decent spicy foods :)

I need to "borrow" a couple of those moose backstraps.

Blister said:

congrats to all of ya on the moose's :cool:
now we expect to see some moose meals!

I finally tried some chorizo earlier (beef & pork) cacique brand, its alright tasting but damn the stuff is very greesy!

Back