food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Todays lunch. :)

Took some of my Rice & Peppers w/ Chorizo I'd made the other day and made myself burritos.

(Sorry, no pix of the rice dish...they got deleted unfortunatly. It had: jasmine rice, wild rice, chorizo, petite diced garlic&onion tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, crushed dried Arbol pods, fresh Gypsy/Serrano/Hab chiles, cayenne/chile/chipotle powder, S&P)

Tort spread with refried beans, sprinked with s&p, onion/garlic powder, the rice stuff, mozz, mexican sour cream, colby jack, and jalapeno sauce. Warming up in the iron...

S6304669.jpg

When they were flexible enough, I folded 'em up, brushed with EVOO, and got to getting browned and tasty.

S6304670.jpg

Flipped 'em and the hot side got slices of yet more Mozz and some Cilantro. Let them brown a bit, then chucked in a tsp. of water and put in the lid to meltify the mozz.

S6304674.jpg

Good way to warm up with some healthy grub on a chilly day. :-D

Quady...you seem to be bringing a bit more foo foo into the program lately, what with the chopped greenery on the mozz and just the overall tone of your dishes lately. Maybe I need to give my presentations a bit more horsepower. Nah...backhand me one time if my plates start smelling French.

Teehee...thougt you'd like that. :)
Could be fun for a future throwdown foo-foo technique, eh?

Was harder to do than it looks since the burrito is gooey.

I had to get it cold, then slice carefully & slightly diagonally downward so as to not squish it whilst fanning it out.

Then, nuke it just enough to melt but not become goo...lol

Fun.

paulky_2000 said:
I would have eaten it LONG before that point....I just don't have the patience. (unless I'm cooking for a date!)

Looks damn good though!!

Yeah well, consider yourself lucky. Just look at the cats on this forum posting the foo foo stuff. We're all a bunch of culinary rejects and sicko's that need a team of doctors monitoring us 24/7. Anyone that would deep fry two burgers and top with deep fried bacon or make a bacon basket "womb" for a burger and put it between 2 grilled cheese sammich's is an obvious candidate for the loony bin.

texas blues said:
Yeah well, consider yourself lucky. Just look at the cats on this forum posting the foo foo stuff. We're all a bunch of culinary rejects and sicko's that need a team of doctors monitoring us 24/7. Anyone that would deep fry two burgers and top with deep fried bacon or make a bacon basket "womb" for a burger and put it between 2 grilled cheese sammich's is an obvious candidate for the loony bin.

Shooooooooooooot!

That's my kinda CRAZY!!! :onfire:

Whooped up my newest pequin sauce last night, TB's Get Naked Pequin Sauce (see making hot sauce forum). It was great last night but I tried it this morning on brekky tacos and it is officially Hot, Blue, and Righteous ya'll!

I cranked up the cast iron with some olive oil, added minced garlic, onions, chopped asparagus, and shitaki shroomage. Melted some cheddar and jack cheese along with some goat cheese, added the mix and topped with green onions, sundried toms and squeezin's o' lime, rolled it up, added more yum yums and sour cream and teh Naked Sauce...

About I dunno'...5X - 10X hotter than Cholula. Taste it and you will take your pants off over your head. Men will become sexual supermen. Women will swoon and get wetter than a shampooed water buffalo!!

Here's some hawt' love ya'll!

IMG_1635.jpg

Awesomenessessess!!

IMG_1636.jpg

Boom shaka lacka!!

Today's fun. Unfortunately all alcoholic beverages were consumed before the making of this food so it cannot be posted in the Drunken Chef thread. So here it is: JayT's Spiced Buttermilk Fried Chicken

100_4626.jpg

100_4627.jpg

100_4628.jpg

The last spicy meal i cooked was hard tacos 2 nights ago with hot sauce - tonight we enjoyed vietnamese beef noodle soup with one dried jolokia in the mix.

Delicious! :party:

Good looking eats guys.

Here's today's brekky burritos.

S6304765.jpg

S6304764.jpg

JimmyDean Hot Pork Brekky Sausage and Chorizo, cooked with onion, serranos, pinch of rubbed sage, garlic and Scorpion's Lust Sauce.

Scrambled some eggs with Red Curry Paste and Cayenne, added some cheese and chucked it all in torts I softened over the pan of steaming eggs.

It beats the hell outa a McBreakfast and costs less too. :D

*napkins are required as it'll leak all down yer arm otherwise from the meatyness.

Back