• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Thanks for all the kind comments all! I have placed the recipe for both the Jerk Pork Tenderloin and the Jerk Pork Tenderloin Sammich on Garlic Bread in the meals section. You can find it HERE

Blister said:
And to finish off the last little bit of jerk pork, we went with fried yellow and orange bell peppers and fried purple onion. We toasted the bread after it was drenched in garlic butter then put some cheese on it. The final result was:

jamaicanjerkporksandwich.jpg

looks like a great philly sandwich! I know its not a real philly but who cares.
I've made some philly's & posted them somewhere on this forum, & if you'd like to take it to another level for taste get some seasoned bread & put garlic spread on it & toast it, great taste!
I bought the "everything bread loaf" from walmart (has a onion flavor & etc.. tasty) then put garlic spread on it & toast it.
& dont forget the hot sauce on it! & dip into Au Jus sauce

Oh that would be good with some everything bread. I've made italian herb with the bread machine, but it tends to go bad before it's gone because I'm the only one who eats it. I think the next time I make one of these, I'll shred the cheese so that it melts just a bit. You really can't go wrong with ouzy gooey cheese. Probably would be good with a bit of mayo as well.

I didn't try it with any hot sauce, but that wouldn't be a bad idea either. I've got about 8 different sauces that I haven't even opened yet which reminds me that I've got some bulk pack chicken wings and drums in the fridge. I need break it down and package them into separate vacuum packs to freeze.

If ya'll want a side dish to go with some of these great meals try this. My pepper and Okra plants have gone crazy. I am not much for Okra unless fried but me and the better half came up with this and it is now my favorite Okra dish.
Slice okra and the same amount of peppers. I used Jalepeno, Serrano and some Fresno Chiles. Put a little olive oil in a pan. Toss the Okra and Peppers in. Throw in a little lime juice, some sea salt and black pepper. We tossed in some of our Habenero Garlic (my better half would put them in pancakes if I let her) and then some Balsamic Vinegar. We sauteed everything about 3 minuites. What a combination of flavors. The okra with the peppers and vinegar had a great flavor. We even added some chicken and cauliflower the next time for a type of stir fry. Now I can't wait to pick my next batch of okra.

chilehunter said:
no you dont need to break down & repackage/freeze the wings/legs, you just need to make abunch of hot wings/legs :lol:

texas blues said:
Damn skippy! Whoop that big batch up!

Salute', TB.

That would be a lot of wings :shocked:. We buy them by the kilo (usually 2 -3 kilo's at a time) and as much as I love wings, I don't think I could eat that many in one sitting. Maybe over a couple of days :think:

thehotpepper.com said:
Most people don't realize if you drink a lot of water, you lose weight. Your body stores water, and if you regularly drink a lot, your body stops storing as much. You lose the puffiness, and the so-called water weight.

DEFCON Creator said:
If only it worked the same with beer.

Yea, but then I'd be all rooster and ribs and little else.

TBASSPEPPER said:
If ya'll want a side dish to go with some of these great meals try this. My pepper and Okra plants have gone crazy. I am not much for Okra unless fried but me and the better half came up with this and it is now my favorite Okra dish.
Slice okra and the same amount of peppers. I used Jalepeno, Serrano and some Fresno Chiles. Put a little olive oil in a pan. Toss the Okra and Peppers in. Throw in a little lime juice, some sea salt and black pepper. We tossed in some of our Habenero Garlic (my better half would put them in pancakes if I let her) and then some Balsamic Vinegar. We sauteed everything about 3 minuites. What a combination of flavors. The okra with the peppers and vinegar had a great flavor. We even added some chicken and cauliflower the next time for a type of stir fry. Now I can't wait to pick my next batch of okra.

Do you have a recipe for cold slaw? :lol:

Blister said:
That would be a lot of wings :shocked:. We buy them by the kilo (usually 2 -3 kilo's at a time) and as much as I love wings, I don't think I could eat that many in one sitting. Maybe over a couple of days :think:

but then you could package/freeze them premade in small batches for those certain times you dont have the time or feel like doing all the work, instead just nuke'em. & then package some uncooked for other meals.

makeing some beef jerkey
Picture488.jpg

indeed thats naga sav thats going on those badboys. xtra hot buffalo style jerkey spice/cure and for a little extra kick i put some of my home made hab powder and eather tomorow or the day after ill have pics up of the finished product. yumm
oh and the jerkey cure is actualy quite spicy for something that is sold in a grocery store.

whoaaa, looked through all the pages since I've been gone from this forum... so many good looking meals. well not sure if anyone remembers me but hello.
my last spicy meal was probably just tacos with some birdseye in it... haven't done much spicy meals at all, I must get back on track! so hard to get fresh peppers in sweden :(

well I made some ribeye steaks - seasons where sea salt,3 colored fresh ground pepper, hab powder, worchestire sauce.
& white onion w/serranos.

the fattys

DSCF3494.jpg

onions/serranos

DSCF3508.jpg

CI steak action

DSCF3505.jpg

final meal

DSCF3523.jpg

Back