• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Yes it will, especially if is sustained.
They will grow past that though :)
Cheers nova. That's a relief.

My superchilli is flowering like crazy at the moment has about 10 open or opening with another 20 or so buds at least ...hope at least some pods set from that lot...

Candice I think Jr's idea of bbqs with tastings of various foods and even wine and beer matching to sauces could work really well. I would be into that.

yeah but it would cost me more in food and alcohol and petrol than what I would make, so think I will give it a miss. Plus I dont really like talking in front of a bunch of people staring at me. I probably do an ok job but I hate public speaking and feel myself going red :oops: I'd rather lay in a bed of snakes or spiders, although I am trying to work on my weaknesses and will one day force myself to, slowly getting there.

Real bummer to hear about your plants guys.
Such a pain in the ass when you put so much into it. Luckily its still fairly early in the season to try again.

Micca

Looking excellent there Nova. The plants are going well :cool:

Thats the way to go :cool:
Had similar ideas with a Marron farm but then found out it takes something like 3 years to get a return!

Micca

I had always thought growing saffron would be a pretty cool venture and product

yeah but it would cost me more in food and alcohol and petrol than what I would make, so think I will give it a miss. Plus I dont really like talking in front of a bunch of people staring at me. I probably do an ok job but I hate public speaking and feel myself going red :oops: I'd rather lay in a bed of snakes or spiders, although I am trying to work on my weaknesses and will one day force myself to, slowly getting there.

I'm the same, I'd eat the spiders and snakes with chilli of course before you could get me to talk in front of people :cool:

Like 5k a kilo or something. I remember seeing a pic of ladies harvesting saffron and the flowers are absolutely beautiful.
As an ingredient i think it is over rated though. Would be cool to grow some of the flowers just for fun :)

From memory they enjoy cool climates and are grown at higher altitudes.
Of coarse we are awesome and would not have any troubles growing them! :D

I had always thought growing saffron would be a pretty cool venture and product

Cool. Never really thought about that one.
Havn't even seen what a plant of it looks like?

I only noticed the other day that you can buy Tumeric and grow your own. Looks interesting.

Micca

did some potting up the other day. So far looking good. Will be transferring them to my mums next week.
Sorry about the crappy pics, used my macro lens cos I couldnt be bothered changing it and for some reason when I uploaded one of the pics got a band through it. Not sure if it is a fault with camera or uploading
IMG_5056.jpg

Limo Blancos are doing the best, hope they are a nice chilli
IMG_5058.jpg

Only one percent of the weight of the flower is saffron. Thats where the confusion arises from.
Out of one hectare of growing you obtain between 5-20 kilos of stigma. Can anyone say :censored:

Back