• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Barrackpore 7 Pot Global Grow Log

So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not?

Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!!

IMG_3275.jpg

Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!

Right on chilliman. I had pretty good germination rates as well. Looks like trinicoolieboy has got some pretty potent seed ;)

FadeToBlack said:
How in the world do you guys get such a thick stem on such a small plant.
Especially yours Huntsman. Is it grow lights that help them develop short and fluffy? my plants were about 2 feet before the stems became that thick.

Blister has answered this, and I can confirm that the fan route is the one I followed, pretty much from the end of the first week after germination. :-)

Thanks for being kind!

Just another quick update! My outdoor growing season is over :(. I have my plants indoors full time now and the little ones under 4' Floro's. Talk about a slow down in growth compared to the sun. Oh well, I've been turning a fan on my plants to thicken up the stalks and am really amazed at how little time it takes to get them going! I've been basically been turning a fan on them for about an hour every few days and that's it. Anywho, I had a few aphids show up and have been going over my plants every day to kill the little buggers. Decided to snap a pic to give you all an update.

It's currently in a 4" grower pot. It should be a decent producer if I can keep it alive until next summer.

Barracapore7Potoct2309002.jpg

trinicoolieboy said:
i think those that i sent you were the CARDI scorps......

this thread is for the barrackpore 7s that i sent out within the last month.........but if u wanna post any pics of the CARDIs.......feel free to do it here as well.....

Hi Collie Boy
I never heard About Barrackpore 7pod... Did one of your friend down Barrackpore give you those...?? Post a pic lemme see what that Pod looks like...

Here is my update for my 7 pot. I was waiting for the flowers to get a little bigger, but since blister posted I figured I should too. It is currently in a 6" pot.

Look closely to see the flower buds

da16332f.jpg

Here it is with a pencil for comparison.

0a139089.jpg

During the first part it spent a lot of time outdoors, but since it got colder it's been enjoying life under the metal halides.

Soil and fertilizer are not the premium stuff most people here use. Warning the following post may be inappropriate for some viewers, discretion is advised.

Fertilizer is mainly Espoma garden tone, except this is the first time I've used it since they changed their formula. I also add some Epsom salt to the water every few weeks up to a month.

Potting soil is...... Stop here if you have a weak stomach.... Miracle grow potting mix, that was already used by other plants during the summer. So not only was it the dreaded MIracle Grow potting mix, but it was used too! Ahhhh the horror, the pending doom. Hey, the truth is, it's cheap, readily available, and works ok. I'm not the biggest fan of the time release fertilizer as it can cause some problems, especially with seedlings, but even that gets purged out of the soil relatively quickly.

I don't have any extra seeds yet for all of you that are lookin'... If all goes well this winter I should though.

IMG_4183.jpg

The temps are supposed to get lower soon, but I have pulled off peppers like orange hab outside through Dec and Jan before. In ground ones, I guess but we'll see how this one does. Does have some flowers, no pods yet. Kinda rough around the edges due to water damage on the lower leaves, but that is fairly common for outdoor Waterfarms. I'll get a grow light if it starts getting too cold.

Dood!

Looks damn fine to me! As is yours, Matt...!

Reckon between us all we'll make Trinicoolieboy a household name...to be feared!!

Looking good boutros. I like seeing your plant since gives me an idea where mine is headed since yours is just a couple of weeks older then mine. Mine is just starting to branch out and flower. It's kind of hard to tell in my top picture, but in that blurry mess is the 2 growing tips, and a handful of flowers.

I've been battling with a new foe on my pepper plants. I have a handful of white flies, and did have a few flea beetles. First time I've seen those, they've mainly been picnicking on my Rocoto, grown from the free seeds from Pepermania. I keep looking under the leaves and smash them, but it always seems at least 1 or 2 get away. On the plus side they don't seem to reproduce like aphids, those things are ruthless. They almost killed off one of my overwintered jalapenos last year, but it survived, it wasn't pretty, but it did manage to make it.

Back