• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude growing for year 2014 led light indoor/outdoor glog

Chilidude said:

The led light backpanel is very cool to the touch.

Here is my smallers topped lemon drop and the lemon drop plants seems to look always somewhat ragged.
ive notices that with those plants as well .. kinda had me worried because mine looked a little over fertilized but the others were perfect ...

My chilis are doing fine and have now started to cut the tips of the many branches to encourage bushier grow. Also it helps to keep them in check until i can bring them outdoors.

Chocolate habanero:

Rocato:

Aji fantasy:

New to the scene, but best looking plants I've seen so far. Great stuff!
Wish I had the space also! :D

Fellow LED enthousiast.

Well, i tasted one of the pods pictured above and they are not nowhere near of resembling a Monster naga heat level.  Yes, the pod was tasty and smelled a little of c.chinense, but it had no real heat! :mope:

Oh well. The other "Monster naga" plant have started to ripe it's pods. :rolleyes:

SichuaneseFoodFan said:
Are you mixing your nutrients in straight tap water?

Also, have you ever grown with coco outdoors before?

Yes, straight to warm water..micro first and then mato.

I have never before grown anything in coco indoors or outdoors.

Soon to be ripe Rocato pods, they are very tasty:

This should be Monster naga, they sure are big pods:

First ripe Rocato:

Thick juicy flesh and not that hot with sort of bellpepper taste. I think this is a great all-around pepper.

Chilidude said:
First ripe Rocato:

Thick juicy flesh and not that hot with sort of bellpepper taste. I think this is a great all-around pepper.

Is this the same as rocoto/rocato? I thought all pubescens should have hairy leaves and stems... and black seeds?

This looks a lot like an early hab (young plant).

ebh said:

Is this the same as rocoto/rocato? I thought all pubescens should have hairy leaves and stems... and black seeds?

This looks a lot like an early hab (young plant).

This has nothing do with Rocoto species.  This is Capsicum chinense var. rocato.

Spring in coming nearer and my chilis have survived the winter just fine, because i have not been able to water them to death:

Back