misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

i'm working on this Frank Zappa "We're Only In It For The Money" offering from Lagunitas. It's better than the "Lumpy Gravy", but not a favorite. It's pretty hoppy, but has a sweetness to it that for me doesn't match up. I like it, but i will not be buying another. Shown here with my stolen pint from The Court Jester here in Jersey.

IMG_0369.jpg

A beeer i tried lately and loved was called Xingu and it's a Black Lager. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a smooth dark brew.

BAH! Wrong glass for that one, you need a tulip or extra large wine glass.

I too had that one, it completely changes in taste as it starts to warm up...it's an odd one for sure.

Currently drinking a Mackeson XXX Stout....at room temperature....so good when it's warm.

imaguitargod said:
BAH! Wrong glass for that one, you need a tulip or extra large wine glass.

I too had that one, it completely changes in taste as it starts to warm up...it's an odd one for sure.

Currently drinking a Mackeson XXX Stout....at room temperature....so good when it's warm.
i am in a shortage of proper glassware. it's either pints or Guiness glasses or my Playboy Club mug (authentic glass from the club).

You probably enjoy cask beer then right? Remember your pit stop in Lancaster at the Brewing Co? Every other Friday night they have one of their beers on cask. Yummmmmmm! I'm drinking Mojitos tonight with fresh lime and mint. May drink my last Duvall that was given to me by a friend.

JayT said:
You probably enjoy cask beer then right?
Sure do! The Beer Engine in Lakewood has two cask systems....great stuff usually flows from them.

JayT said:
Remember your pit stop in Lancaster at the Brewing Co? Every other Friday night they have one of their beers on cask. Yummmmmmm!

How could I forget that place, great beers and cool bartender.

If you ever get back this way again you have to let me know. There are four -no- six good breweries with beerpubs within a 60mile radius. Victory, Stoudts, Troegs, Appalaccian, Lancaster, and Iron Hill. As well as some smaller ones that make really good beer. I feel lucky to live here. If the hurricanes stay away I am going to Stoudt's Saturday after the Bower's Pepper Festival.

JayT said:
If you ever get back this way again you have to let me know. There are four -no- six good breweries with beerpubs within a 60mile radius. Victory, Stoudts, Troegs, Appalaccian, Lancaster, and Iron Hill. As well as some smaller ones that make really good beer. I feel lucky to live here. If the hurricanes stay away I am going to Stoudt's Saturday after the Bower's Pepper Festival.
Smells like a road trip! lol

It's more like two trips. All them in one day would be too much. The most I have made it through in one day is 3 of them. They do have beerfests at a couple of them a few times a year where they have 20 or so brewers come in with kegs and you pay $30 for a glass and four hours to sample all you want. That is a drunken day. You'd love the one in October at Stoudts. German food buffet and music.

Speaking of local breweries...

I visited JJ Bitting Co. Brewpub this past weekend. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it was THE BEST microbrewed/brewpub offerings i have ever had. I sampled all 6 of the varieties they had and every one was amazing. They are voted the #2 brewpub in the US. My favorite was their W.H.A.L.E.S. IPA. Just fantastic! All week i've beeen craving a growloer of anything they have. Bonus to all this? Not more than 2miles from my home. :D Hot sauces on tap were some kind of Franks's knockoff and Tiger Sauce. The food was incredible too. I had a buffalo burger and it was just perfect. They need some better hot sauces though. I smell partnership!!

Get in there and sell them. Hot sauce and microbrews go together. They are meant to be together. Have you ever been to the Tun Tavern in AC? That's the only microbrewery I've been to in NJ, but it was good.

JayT said:
Get in there and sell them. Hot sauce and microbrews go together. They are meant to be together. Have you ever been to the Tun Tavern in AC? That's the only microbrewery I've been to in NJ, but it was good.
Nope, but now i have a destination when i get back there. :)

Seriously, JJ Bitting is the shit! you have to try them.

I have had Holy Grail Ale... Maybe you are on to something. Passow only goes to church because they are the only place serving Sunday mornings.

DevilDuck said:
Oh man.....

I went to Chama River Brewing Company (Passow, we took you there.) for my B-Day lunch and they have a new Porter. "Voluptuous Porter".

Very nice, toasty malt perfectly blended with hops...not too bitter. There's a good chocolate overtone with a slight cinnamon undertone....a few notes of coffee. The finish is classic porter in the fact you want more and more and more.

The beer comes in at 5.8% ABV so you can have pretty much all you want without getting too tipsy.

I bought a growler.

Now that sounds like a beer id love:rolleyes:

Canuk Pepperhead said:
So I guess a beer religion is a bad thing..I thought passow would have made a good minister lol
Me and religon go as well together as George Carlon and Catholics.

JayT said:
Passow only goes to church because they are the only place serving Sunday mornings.

Naw, they water their drinks down.

Back