• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalii smackdown

I had a really bad start to this comp(arison|etition). The first plant didn't break soil until 6. feb. Then it got hit by thrips. The poor bugger looks like this now:

imgp5394.jpg

imgp5395.jpg

At least, it's got real short internodal spacing from groing under LED light :)

that plant is a survivor BI...glad it came thru it...

I knew it was just a matter of time...

first buds on the chocolate fatalii and the reds and regulars are not far behind...

030909a005.jpg

closer shot

030909a006.jpg

whatcha got to say Patrick?...the "old man" wants to know...

Wow AJ that is truely impressive to have budding in less than 2 months. Congrats I have a couple Chocolate Fatalli growing that are a month behind yours. I was going to hold back but I'm potting up into gallon containers. Mine are hardened off and will be out in the sun when the weather stays above 60F from now on. I would pinch those buds if I were you.

be prepared Cappy...we got a week of cold (for North Texas) coming in...highs in the 40s a couple of days...if it gets to you guys, it will probably be the middle of the weekend...

I was very surprized too when I saw the buds...since I have 6 of these, I am going to let these go and probably pinch the other 5...

AlabamaJack said:
be prepared Cappy...we got a week of cold (for North Texas) coming in...highs in the 40s a couple of days...if it gets to you guys, it will probably be the middle of the weekend...

Yeah, it's supposed to be cool and rainy by the weekend. Winter just doesn't want to let go this year.

beer and peppers

I wasn't even sure I was gonna post on here but my Fatalii just SPRANG out of the ground! 18 of 18 germination.

Fatalii.jpg

my ghetto grow box...
plants.jpg

Fire Angel said:
I wasn't even sure I was gonna post on here but my Fatalii just SPRANG out of the ground! 18 of 18 germination.

You talking smack about peppers or beer?

Your plants do look great!

AlabamaJack said:
nice plants PCH...last year, mine got about 4 feet tall and bushy but did not produce pods until October...

:shocked: By October my plants will be under a foot of snow! Looks like I'd better start softening the wife up to expect more over-wintering plants. :lol:

Sure, AJ, it's a tough one. Guess it's pissed and it's provide me with some angry peppers :lol:

BigT: Thanks. The setback is minor compared to what it could have been (compost). But the growth has gone to a full halt on this and several other plants. Seems like the thrips are more under control now. The weird thing is that they now are staying away from all the C. chinenses after I treated all the plants with neem and soap. My Jalapeños and Peter Peppers on the other hand are still struggling big time.

Fire Angel said:
My plants aren't good enough to talk smack about peppers.... the beer on the other hand ;)

I bet you get more peppers during July and August than I do...that is assuming your summer is not as hot as mine will be...last year, my plants just shut down in the stretch of 100/82 temp days/nights we had during July/August...I am going to try shade cloth and a misting system with fans this year to see if I can keep them cooler...

PrairieChilihead said:
:shocked: By October my plants will be under a foot of snow! Looks like I'd better start softening the wife up to expect more over-wintering plants. :lol:

Understand PCH...but my summers here are very hot and as I said above, I lost 2 months of pod production in July/August.

AlabamaJack said:
...I am going to try shade cloth and a misting system with fans this year to see if I can keep them cooler...

AJ I don't think mother nature stands a chance against you. How are you set up for hurricanes? ;)

patrick said:
AJ I don't think mother nature stands a chance against you. How are you set up for hurricanes? ;)

I know you are kidding but the greenhouse has already seen 65 MPH winds and is still standing...hurricanes?....500 miles inland and I am ok I think...that one that came ashore last year on the Texas coast that caused all the damage across the middle tier of states to the Atlantic missed me...it went east of me about 100 miles and all we got was about 40 MPH winds and no rain..

I figure it is about time I post a pic of my Fatalii. It is tiny but it only receives light through my windows. Let's just pretend that it is in a 10" square pot.
100_0005.jpg

Josh said:
I figure it is about time I post a pic of my Fatalii. It is tiny but it only receives light through my windows. Let's just pretend that it is in a 10" square pot.
100_0005.jpg

10" square pot, Josh!!! I feel like I'm looking right down onto a tree. :lol:

Josh said:
100_0005.jpg

That looks very good Josh! Especially so since you are not using any artificial lighting.

In another 4 months or so it will be loaded with peppers.

:cool:

The hotter, the better with my pepper plants. Once the DEEP roots get down past the dry, Georgia clay crust I could never water them again and they wouldn't miss a beat. 100F is what these peppers WANT BAD!

good looking plant Josh...agree with Petey a few months and it will be loaded...treat it good...

Back