• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Josh's Pepper Plants '09

AlabamaJack said:
well done Josh...you will be rewarded with fire when harvest comes...

I have started calling the yellow one a yellow 7...it came from Trini and was in with the scorpion seeds, but no tails on any of the peppers...it resembled the 7 more so I have started calling it a yellow 7...doesn't help much does it...

again...well done my friend..

No it helps. At least we can be consistent. I guess with several people growing them this year we can hopefully sort this thing out.

scoville said:
They are looking fine Josh,keep up the good work!

bigt said:
All your plants look perfect Josh. Great color and shape. Very nice work! You're going to have an amazing crop.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I cannot wait for pods. I will most likely pinch the buds off the chineses but the Thai Super Hot is throwing out flowers and I am just going to let that one go. Really excited for this season.

BTW Josh, I'm feelin your pain on the sunscald brother... Put a Fatalii I thought was nicely hardened off in a 5 gallon pot a few days ago, and went out to find the bottom set of leaves showing a little sunburn. No worries, though, as the rest look OK for now. Just a good indicator that I still have some hardening off to do.

Keep us updated man. Our plants seem to be similar in size at the moment, and we're both doing the raised bed/5 gallon pot combination, so we should be able to do some comparisons and see what works and what doesn't this year. I've tilled in a couple of pounds of Espoma's Tomato Tone in my raised beds, and been mixing a few cups in the pots of Pro-Mix as well. Thinking I'll give them a bit of Neptune's harvest Fish emulsion, and maybe a few foliar feeds of Neptune's seaweed throughout the season as well.

Keep those plants happy brotha!

Gorgeous plants, mate. I like that you've planted the same stuff in both a raised bed and a planter, it'll be interesting to see which one does better.

Yeah, picture perfect plants. Nice work. That sunscald can be a mf. I lost a few myself, but some pulled through. Next year I'm gonna try layers of green house cloth or something overhead and remove them bit by bit.

FiveStar said:
BTW Josh, I'm feelin your pain on the sunscald brother... Put a Fatalii I thought was nicely hardened off in a 5 gallon pot a few days ago, and went out to find the bottom set of leaves showing a little sunburn. No worries, though, as the rest look OK for now. Just a good indicator that I still have some hardening off to do.

Keep us updated man. Our plants seem to be similar in size at the moment, and we're both doing the raised bed/5 gallon pot combination, so we should be able to do some comparisons and see what works and what doesn't this year. I've tilled in a couple of pounds of Espoma's Tomato Tone in my raised beds, and been mixing a few cups in the pots of Pro-Mix as well. Thinking I'll give them a bit of Neptune's harvest Fish emulsion, and maybe a few foliar feeds of Neptune's seaweed throughout the season as well.

Keep those plants happy brotha!

Hey,
Yea I will definitely let you know how things turn out. We are doing things very similarly. I have heard good things about Neptune's Harvest. I am trying Fox Farm this season but was considering trying Neptune's Harvest Fish Seaweed combo the next.

Skydiver said:
Gorgeous plants, mate. I like that you've planted the same stuff in both a raised bed and a planter, it'll be interesting to see which one does better.

Yea I am curious myself. I planted a Douglah and 7 Pod in pots also just because I was excited to grow them and figured why not grow two. I would expect the ones in the ground to do better but we shall see.

boutros said:
Yeah, picture perfect plants. Nice work. That sunscald can be a mf. I lost a few myself, but some pulled through. Next year I'm gonna try layers of green house cloth or something overhead and remove them bit by bit.

Yea the greenhouse cloth would be nice. It simply wasn't in the budget. Everything would have been fine, the problem was that I kept the plants in the flat when I was hardening them off. As a result, smaller plants and the lowers leaves didn't get as much sun exposure as the taller and upper parts of the plants. Lesson learned. Next season I will be sure to pull them out of the trays and spread them out. Had I done this I don't think I would have had and problems. The majority of my plants are doing great.

lee said:
Your plants look healty, did you cover the soil with wood chips?

Thanks. Yep cedar mulch. Now I know I should have waited until further into the summer, but I just wanted to put it down and be done with it.

I use Neptune's harvest as i got a case of it for free last season. I can't complain about it. It works fine. Just remember to only mix what you're using. It does NOT keep.

fineexampl said:
I use Neptune's harvest as i got a case of it for free last season. I can't complain about it. It works fine. Just remember to only mix what you're using. It does NOT keep.

A case for free. That is a steal.

ABurningMouth said:
Wow your plants look great. I better get busy and pot them up with mulch on top too.

Hey thanks. Good luck. It can get monotonous potting them but the end result is certainly worth it.

Not much to update but I do have my first pod of the season on my Thai Super Hot...

IMG_0036-1.jpg

Well, it has been a while so I figured I would post an update. I had some issues with a couple plants getting sunburn which has set them back a bit. I have also been dealing with aphids but plan on getting some ladybugs this week.

Dorset Naga

IMG_0064-1.jpg

Orange Habanero

IMG_0063-1.jpg

Tabasco

IMG_0062-1.jpg

Florida Bird

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Continued...

Oregano

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Rosemary

IMG_0018-1.jpg

Basil

IMG_0016-1.jpg

Next season I need to grow a lot more plants because this one is just not cutting it. I am glad that it bounced back. A couple weeks ago I trimmed a ton off to make a bunch of bacon basil grilled cheese sandwiches and it looked very sad. I am going to let it grow some more before I do that again.

Parsley

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Continued...

Jalapeno M

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Charleston Hot

IMG_0014-1.jpg

7 Pod

IMG_0013-1.jpg

Douglah

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Ohhh... if anyone is curious I pulled the mulch back from the plants because it was keeping the soil too cold at this time in the season. I will probably push it back at the end of June/beginning of July.

Continued...

Yellow 7 Pod

IMG_0006-1.jpg

Bhut Jolokia

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Douglah

IMG_0004-1.jpg

This one got cooked bad in the beginning but is coming back nicely.

7 Pod

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Back