• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

just bought a new gun

Omri said:
Why did you choose the top one? the bottom one is way more fitted for actual combat. the M203 is just a toy.

they're the same gun except the trijicon sight & the grenade launcher.
it doesnt hurt to have a grenade launcher, but its added weight. then you say "for actual combat" you're telling me theres no need for grenades ?

& omri whats up with no pics of that one bullpup gun you told me about ?
sorry I forgot the name right now.

chilehunter said:
they're the same gun except the trijicon sight & the grenade launcher.
it doesnt hurt to have a grenade launcher, but its added weight. then you say "for actual combat" you're telling me theres no need for grenades ?

& omri whats up with no pics of that one bullpup gun you told me about ?
sorry I forgot the name right now.
Actually they're not the same, but nevermind. ;)
Tavor? we don't get any of those here, but I guess we could ask.

Omri said:
Actually they're not the same, but nevermind. ;)
Tavor? we don't get any of those here, but I guess we could ask.

yes thats the one, tavor, cool gun!

not the same, ok :rolleyes: now one gun pic is removed.
let me see..... both guns are M4's, unless theres different selective fire parts in them ?

the rest of the attachments are just cosmetic ;)
you can swap sights, since both are A3 uppers, & if you were in a serious battle or war I'd take the grenade launcher over the bi-pod!
at least you have it & could take it off/on when you want.
but I agree its not always practical to have them.

chilehunter said:
yes thats the one, tavor, cool gun!

not the same, ok :rolleyes: now one gun pic is removed.
let me see..... both guns are M4's, unless theres different selective fire parts in them ?

the rest of the attachments are just cosmetic ;)
you can swap sights, since both are A3 uppers, & if you were in a serious battle or war I'd take the grenade launcher over the bi-pod!
at least you have it & could take it off/on when you want.
but I agree its not always practical to have them.
1. The picture wasn't removed.
2. Parts of the rifle were replaced to stand greater heat and weight less.
3. As you can see (by the scope) this weapon was not meant to get too close, so the M203 is pretty much useless. this weapon was tested in real battle and that's why it was changed.

Here's another one. not mine, but something we give the newbies here at the unit:
photorkj.jpg

BTW, asked a friend for a picture of his baby:
n1003500600301793865322.jpg

It's WAY more precise than any M4, but I personally don't like it. too heavy, too bulky and you're not allowed to take it apart.

Omri said:
1. The picture wasn't removed.
3. As you can see (by the scope) this weapon was not meant to get too close, so the M203 is pretty much useless. this weapon was tested in real battle and that's why it was changed.

the pic is removed right now, just a red X, yea I'd take the other gun over the red X :P

2 - are you talking about the handguard shields ? big deal just more cosmetic stuff that can be swapped to another gun in short time. or did they also flute the barrel under the handguards to help cool the barrel ?
BTW why not just have a 4 railed free-float handguard instead ;)

3 - I dont know much about trijicon scopes but plan on buying 1 sometime soon. but the scope on the (deleted) gun w/launcher looks like a trijicon reflex & are they nothing more than like a red dot scope for upclose CQB.
while the other scope sure looks like a trijicon ACOG with a reticle for marked distances in the hundreds of yards/meters.

again its all cosmetic stuff, just swap it from gun to gun, not difficult to do.

Omri said:
Here's another one. not mine, but something we give the newbies here at the unit:
photorkj.jpg

still not bad, just has a A1 upper reciever (by the looks of it)

as for the tavor, it looked alot cooler in the wiki pic, but if its too heavy & bulky then thats not always good.

I'm not talking about the handguard shields. nevermind though, it's still doesn't change the fact a scope and a grenade launcher aren't cosmetic. the old scope was just a red (ahm green*) dot for quick lock on, but that wasn't needed as this weapon (like I said before) isn't meant to get too close. BTW it did come with the four rails, but I replaced it for cosmetic reasons.

The A1 is a piece of junk. it's like what... 30-40 years old? it's just for training newbies.

Silver Surfer @ you don't... lol. only someone certified (not the actual user) can take it apart. one of the reasons I don't like it... too complex.

Omri said:
I'm not talking about the handguard shields. nevermind though, it's still doesn't change the fact a scope and a grenade launcher aren't cosmetic. the old scope was just a red (ahm green*) dot for quick lock on, but that wasn't needed as this weapon (like I said before) isn't meant to get too close. BTW it did come with the four rails, but I replaced it for cosmetic reasons.

The A1 is a piece of junk. it's like what... 30-40 years old? it's just for training newbies.

well then you're talking about the barrel, getting the M4 & replacing a different barrel configuration.
your scopes & grenade launcher are cosmetic! since you can swap them to any other gun in a matter of minutes/seconds as long as the upper assembly is the same type.

IMO everything about the M16 is cosmetic! you can swap this for that & change it from a full length 20" rifle to a 7" kitty kat, or change it to a 9mm,.22,.204, 7.62x39mm, 6.8mm - all in the matter of minutes or seconds (as long as you have the reciever/parts)

anything other than changing the barrel to the reciever, or the gas block/front sight on the barrel, is cosmetic IMO & can be done within minutes!

BTW thats not a true A1! just because it has a A1 upper reciever doesnt make it a A1, & theres different versions of the A1 reciever.
theres multiple factors as to why the original A1 was bad at the begining, which I highly doubt that gun has all of'em.

you may not fully like the M16, but tell me what other gun is so interchangeable & the almost endless configurations/options it can have.

You don't go to battle with a full replacements kit. it is the way it is until you return to base.
It is a classic A1 M16, it was modified by us. I'll take a pic later of an unmodified one.

wow, never heard of sig sauer before. nice mini-14 though, and killer 30-06. smack some mule deer with that one? I only have a savage .22 magnum bolt action. but i can plug targets @ 300 yards+ with it (simmons 9x scope).

i've always liked the S&W .40s, and imagine getting one some day. Anyone ever shoot an HK handgun before? I saw one at the shoppe once, and know their history with tactical weapons, etc.

Dyce51 said:
Omri- I take it you're in the military? Regaurdless those are some nice firearms!! I like!!!!

If i'm correct i believe everyone who resides in Israel is in the military at some point in their lives.

Omri said:

again you have 2 options, from your statement. handguards or the barrel.

Omri said:

again from the 2 guns you originally posted, they're the same gun. only difference was the scopes & grendade launcher , which both could of been switched to the other gun within minutes & vise versa (cuz of same configuration)
you say the one was not for upclose CQB cuz of the scope (your words) but its a red dot scope designed for CQB while your ACOG is meant for longer distances.

Omri said:
You don't go to battle with a full replacements kit. it is the way it is until you return to base.

true, but as the saying goes "shit happens" & depending on the damage, you could make 1 working gun out of 2 damaged guns.
also IMO you dont have a gun w/o backup iron sights ;)

Omri said:
It is a classic A1 M16, it was modified by us. I'll take a pic later of an unmodified one.

if you say so :rolleyes:
remember once you modifiy it, its no longer a A1. which the main reason for the A1 for its flaws were cleaning issues & corrision.

Back