• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds PRF seed tray '09

The white one looks lovely and healthy - I mean they ALL look great but I'm impressed by your prowess with the white. Where did you get the seed from?

Hotpeppa said:
what are you fishing for in the next couple of weeks ?

Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish, Blue Marlin. I fish a 36' Hatteras Sportfish twin 420 hp Cat diesels.

Thanks Omri. It take much longer to water in individual cups but you have to pick each one up and can feel its weight and when to water.

caroltlw said:
The white one looks lovely and healthy - I mean they ALL look great but I'm impressed by your prowess with the white. Where did you get the seed from?

Thank a bunch Carol. The White hab originally came from Dale aka thepodpipper two years ago. I find they do take a little extra time to get going even under the HID. Just slow growers.

awesome.. i would love to try and fish for tuna one of these days..

would be magical..

and with a little luck catch a blue fin..

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Thank a bunch Carol. The White hab originally came from Dale aka thepodpipper two years ago. I find they do take a little extra time to get going even under the HID. Just slow growers.

I had a dismal germination rate with mine last year but I think that's because the seeds were really old. Then I managed to kill 4 out of 8 before they budded. This year - with my own seed - I had great germination rate BUT the 2 I kept were outside in the cold and look so bad now that I'm tempted to give them a mercy killing. I repotted one with perlite and gave both some bone meal. They look better but ... I'm pinching buds to try and get a growth spurt out of them.

These would be a great candidate for a growing challenge next year. ;)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
After checking on thechileman.org website I have a Peruvian White Habanero not the white bullet habanero.

Yeah, the bullet is a trademark and are longer supposedly.

Just had my daughter go and count my plants that I have already moved to nursery pots and I'm up to 134 and counting. I have been at it since last week and I am tired and sore. Will get pics after I mow the yard and put the pots in rows.

She gets in the way when I have a system for transplanting, but when it comes to picking peppers she is a big help. My HID light is officially off till next January, ran it for 3 months 24/7. Most of the hard work is done, I am so happy. Mother nature's turn.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Just had my daughter go and count my plants that I have already moved to nursery pots and I'm up to 134 and counting. I have been at it since last week and I am tired and sore. Will get pics after I mow the yard and put the pots in rows.

Nice work. I've done 8 5gal containers and can already feel it in my hands from breaking up the Pro-Mix. 20 containers is my max. Any leftovers go in the ground.

Wow April shower really came hard this year! I was more worried about the cold but all the rain has giving me my first setback. Some leaves almost look like hail damage. It should dry out over the weekend and then a 38F cold front is headed this way Monday, WTF. It looks like I'll be moving them to the garage for a few nights. I should have waited just a bit longer did not see all this rain and cold headed my way. They will recover from the drenching but now I have to move many containers. Back breaking work but anything for my peps. Just venting....

Man, that sucks. I always keep mine close to my garage for the same emergency shelter reason. Plus, with the door down, they get a nice bounce of light from the white paint. Get yourself good and warm before all that lifting, you need to take care of your back. It gets harder with age.

Good to have you back talas. Great looking plants in your thread. My plants have been trying out hyrdoponics with all this rain around here. Nothing they can't handle, my plants always take a beating when I first put them out and come back like champs. I need to look in to building hoophouse next year to protect them a little longer. Tony I will loosen up the back with a 12 pack of beer and just get'r done. Very sunny and drying out fast with my Pro-Mix. Tomatoes grew several inches.

Are sorry i forgot your location,Would you say your having a hotter spring than last year in s.carolina ?:)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I believe overall it has been a cold winter, but a warm wet stormy spring. Drought levels are being erased quickly.

Well that's good news for you my friend..I remember last year for you :)

Back