• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Glad I didn't disapoint to much on my first post! Looking back I don't know what I was thinking last night, they were a bit of a mess but I had enough drinks in me for them to be perfect at the time and this was my first go at them.

I love to drink, hot stuff, cooking, and knives so you'll be seeing more from me soon. My camera is garbage so i'll look at fixing that this week before I post more.

We are getting ready to make more spicy beef patties. I hope to take some pictures, and they are better this time!! LOL!! My first attempt was a few pages back.

lizzie, I just looked up your first burgers, and they looked YUMMY! What were those flaky rolls you used? Have you been assimilated by the SoFlo posse in person?

Great to have you posting-

no alcohol in the pics but we were drinking when grilling this. we bought 5 lbs of jumbo shrimp, talapia, mahi mahi, & 1 red snapper fillet.
snapper skin side is showing (up) lemon/limes is someone else wanted to grill, & another wanted the talapia/mahi mahi foiled.

100_7451.jpg

teriyaki shrimp

100_7454.jpg

the final meal, 1st serving, but everything was split between 13 so a little of each for the seafood.

100_7460.jpg

I'm missing my brother Jay. Last I heard..'puter problems. Drunken Chef ain't the same without him. Hopefully I can make up some tomorrow. Cheap red wine gets it done these days.

It's good to be missed. I'll have to make something special to post here for you. Hmmm. Maybe some chorizo cheese dip with AJ's puree...

Well, I just finished reading the last two months of Drunken Chef since I have been gone and I must say WOW! You guys have made some awesome stuff. Wheebz how come I haven't been privileged to any of those fine eats??? Bastard.

The lunch I made can't compare with anything here from you master chefs, but thought I'd post it 'cuz it's really hot! Simple, did this before, but this time with an added twist: Took one can of chili, mixed in some of my really hot sauce, then topped it off with Fusion habanero heat salt. I'm sweating up a storm with how excellent this is! :hell:

JayT, Welcome Back. Everybody's been missin your good eats.

CH, that's one tasty looking compendium of seafood goodness, is that a cheddar bisquit I see there on the side

On that note, where's TB been at in the TD of late?

eating hippy food, wasting away to nothing, posting nude pictures of himself and moving to TX.
:cool:

translation: diet, lost 40 pounds, put on a gun show, moving to TX
:lol:

TA-DA!!!!

100_2992.jpg

I can't wait to see what kind of messed-up dreams I have tonight!!! :rofl:

OMFG Paulie - that is absolutely awesome! I've not been hanging out here too often and I have missed so much fantastic food! I could definitely go for one of your hot dog cheese sanga chilli dishes!!

ohhh I went all out today

Habanero Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers
Defcon Wings
Wheebz Style Wings
Tater Skins

I made 6 habanero poppers and I already ate 5 of them, I should have made more of those

I made like 20 Jalapeno ones, pshhh, shits weak

wings are in the fryer right now

taters are in the oven, i just gotta pull them out, scoop out the insides, toss on the toppings and back in the oven they go

Trying to watch football, but cooking is taking precedence

Potato's are cooling down now, then im gonna scoop them out and stuff em with god knows what at this point

on beer number 5, i am gonna need about 15 or so more by the end of the night

DSC_0289-1.jpg

DSC_0290-1.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_02942.jpg

Poppers
Smoked Chorizo
Pepper Jack
Cream Cheese
Garam Masala seasoning
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Garlic

Wings
Deep Fried at 375
Defcon 1
Defcon 2
Blackened Seasoning
Dusseldorf Honey Mustard
Doc Holidays Habanero Elixer
2 full tablespoons of Red Savina powder because I was stupid and didnt think it was hot enough after the first 2 wings

Tater Skins
Taters split and dug out
smoked chorizo
sharp cheddar
applewood smoked bacon
a fuckload of Defcon Smokey Seasoning, which I must say is one of my favorite seasonings I have
and some sour cream

30 pack of bud light, which now after I stopped halfway through this post to get the taters ready, is down 7 beers now instead of 5

in retrospect, I should not have added the chorizo to the tater skins, i was really in the mood for classic skins and I screwed it up, but I am glad that I left the pieces whole so I can just pick them out

Back