• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

frydad4 said:
NFF, why did you put a flaming fireball on the grill next to your chicken?

HAHA...looks good! I love jerk chicken!

ah i had a good chuckle at that one. uh apparently my bbq likes the olive oil used in the jerk sauce. hence the explosion of flames.

This is a recipe I concocted a couple years back and we had it for supper again last night. By itself it's not that hot because my wife can't take the heat but loves this dish so I add more cajun seasoning and cayenne to my bowl. I asked several BB folks that live in Louisiana if it was an actual Cajun recipe and was told that it wasn't jambalaya and wasn't quite shrimp creole so I felt free to name it "Johnbalaya"!

Johnbalaya

1 lb smoked sausage (two links) sliced in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced 1/4 inch
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used a quart of home canned)
1 12 oz can beer (can sub 1 1/2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth)
1 cup water, tomato juice or V-8 vegetable juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
2 15 oz cans red beans, drained and rinsed
1 12 oz bag 50-60 count cooked shrimp, tails removed
1 cup uncooked Minute rice

Put sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, water or juice and beer into a 6 quart Dutch oven or stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add garlic powder, Lawry's seasoning, Old Bay seasoning and Cajun seasoning and cook 10-15 minutes or until celery is almost tender.
Bring back up to a boil and add the beans, shrimp and rice and stir to mix. Cover, remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes for the rice to cook. Enjoy!
Makes 4-6 servings.

John's Note: I used a 32 oz jar of home canned tomatoes and I rinsed the jar with about a cup of water and added it to the pot, so I added a cup of water, tomato juice or V-8 to the recipe.
I searched for years for a Cajun seasoning that didn't taste salty, most do to me. If you have a salty tasting Cajun seasoning, you may want to eliminate the Lawry's.

S6303671.jpg

Brekky Buff-Muff-Burger!

A toasted english muffin w/ stone ground mustard and mayo.

Topped with scrambled egg made w/ sambal olek, S&P, onion/garlic powder, homemade jalapeno/hab powder, and a dash of curry.

Then, a mini-patty of 100% Buffalo with added BBQ sauce mixed with CM's GPS, black pepper and jalapeno salt. Topped off with a couple layers of melty habanero jack, and pickled peppers. :D

Had to cut it in half just to get it in my mouth, but one heck of a brekky.

Made my first Green Chile Cheeseburgers. Took two Big Jim peppers out of the garden. Laid them on a pan on the grill and roasted them. Peeled the skin off and chopped them up. Put a little salt and some Hot Shot (Combination of Red and Black Pepper). Threw it back on the pan and tossed on some Garlic Powder and a splash of lime juice. Put the cheese on the hamburger patties. Once the cheese was melted threw it onto the bun and put the sizzling Green Chile mixture on top. I put on some of my pickled onion on top of mine and the better half put fresh sliced onion on hers. What a great tasting burger.

Thanks!

Here's some more stuff I've made recently...

Cheesesteak Burrito
Made with marinated bias-cut roast (marinade was worsteshire/garlic powder/siracha and CM's GPS), all fried up in the Iron with onions and red peppers...then chucked in a tort with Mozz.

S6303673.jpg

S6303674.jpg

Pasta Salad
This has smoked diced turky, pickled green beans, olives, onion, red pepper, sambla olek, cayenne/jalapeno/hab powder, dill, some basic EVOO vinegrete and a spot of mayo for creamyness. Tossed into wide egg noodles.

S6303677.jpg

S6303676.jpg

More stuff..I'm playing catch-up.. ;)

Brekky...

A couple eggs fried up on one side, than added mushrooms, jalapenos, red peppers, onions, smooshed garlic, lots of black pepper and jalapeno/hab salt and steam-fried it the rest of the way. Added a bunch of Tillamook Colby cheese too.

On 12-grain toast spread with a bit of mayo mixed with stone ground mustard, and a shot of GPS.

S6303683.jpg

S6303685.jpg

Eggs were perfect..not too runny, not too cooked. :)

quesso or however you spell it. and poppers
queso made with velveta and home made salsa. and yes thats a spoon full of orange you hot yet concentate lol.

Picture436.jpg

and blurry hab poppers.
Picture443.jpg

QuadShotz said:
Nice Queso FF!
That's one thing Velvetta is good for... heheh.

indeeed. and i must say my grandma's salsa tastes absolutely amazing (compared to peso) the only thing is it isent that hot since we dident have many peppers to work with.. i wonder what else to make... velvita's gone so no more queso. hmm

Here's some enchilada's I did up recently. I stayed true to the famous Marfa, Texas beginnings by layering rather than rolling. Enchilada sauce, lightly sauteed in hot oil corn tortilla's, a little cheese between layers along with more sauce and then topped with fried eggs. Awesomenessess!

IMG_1312.jpg

Get your Blues Kitchen on ya'll!

Salute', TB.

Made some taco/burrito meat today...

S6303732.jpg

S6303733.jpg

lean ground beef, lots of oinions and garlic, 4 diced habs, cayenne powder, chile powder, cumin, salt & pepper, a tsp of chipotle powder, a tin of Del Monte petite cut diced tomatos (garlic & olive oil flavor), a handful of misc. crushed asian chiles, 1/2 a pouch of McCormick Hot Taco seasoning, and about a tbls of CM's GPS. :twisted:

It's delish and also pretty firey stuff.

Back