• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GROW LOG. LAST HARVEST MAYBE. AND STEELERNATION!!

Thanks Brent. I am getting excited about having some ripe pods. I cant wait... :dance:

Hey Bodeen. Yup soup is supposed to have your orifices leaking for sure

136791A3.jpg

My first Hot Sauce. lets just say its different.

I wondered what you were going to do with all those pods. Congrats on your first harvest. Hope you get plenty more before the season's over!

Oh, and add me to the list that uses that same coffee grinder, LOL!

Bonnie the taste of the sauce wasn't what I was going for, but the hubby and the one kid that semi eats hot stuff liked it. They both said it was HOT. But too much RedHot hot sauce is hot to them. :rofl: :rofl:

Brown it was sooo gooooddddd :rofl:

Wow Pia.....that's a huge pot of "Pepper Madness".............looks nice and heavy bodied. Is that the finished product or did you blend/food mill it?

That the final product. I food processed; carrots 2, celery 2, onion 1, garlic about 5 pieces off the clove, 3 bhuts, about 20 cayenes, about 4 jamaican red hots, one banana pepper and about 5 thai hots. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: In other words, all the ripe peppers I had picked so far :dance: . I then blended on liquify. Cooked it on med for half an hour and added some vinegar just to give it a little bite, and salt. Its missing something. It leaves me wanting it to have a taste of something and I cant figure out what it is. :mope:

That the final product. I food processed; carrots 2, celery 2, onion 1, garlic about 5 pieces off the clove, 3 bhuts, about 20 cayenes, about 4 jamaican red hots, one banana pepper and about 5 thai hots. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: In other words, all the ripe peppers I had picked so far :dance: . I then blended on liquify. Cooked it on med for half an hour and added some vinegar just to give it a little bite, and salt. Its missing something. It leaves me wanting it to have a taste of something and I cant figure out what it is. :mope:

Coconut Palm Sugar....Evaporated Cane Vinegar....or maybe the single most important ingredient..........................."Time to Mellow"

http://www.tonyslug.com/pepper/fireeaters.php

I must warn you. There is vulgarity and profanity... Buts its pretty funny.

also at the bottom there are little links to growing chillies, light temperature explanations ext.

+1 to Greg...a little sweet to go with the heat. Maybe juice from a lemon or my favorite BURBON!!! Take a small measured portion and play with the flavor on that and if you get it closer take the rest there, but if you mess it up you can take another small measured portion and try again. I would wait a day or two to see how it comes together on its own. Have fun, there'll be more pods to play with shortly!

Looks like you have been a busy bee Pia. The sauce looks very tasty. I agree with the others. Maybe add a little lime or lemon and some dill would give it that added flavor. Nice to see you are experimenting. That's the only way to ger r done :dance:

I saw that video a while ago and could not believe it. Crazy insane.

Thanks Jamie. I haven't been too busy I haven't had enough peppers ripe at one time. Thank goodness for the freezer. I am going to try the lime/lemon juice and I have fresh dill so maybe a few sprigs. I'll let you know.

Reactions: nee
Back