• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
Hi everyone, Have decided (been inspired by everyone else, really) to keep a thread here about my attempt to grow plants this year. Most of the weird, off-topic stuff I normally babble about I'll confine to my blog, but I'll share the photos and interesting capsicum related anecdotes here as well. I managed to overwinter (of sorts. I'd call it more a random collection of stems with little green shoots still growing on them) some plants from last year, mostly the ones at the office. Among them were an Orange Habanero, a Chocolate Habanero, a Caribbean Red Habanero, a Naga Morich and a Rocoto Rojo. There was also a Datil* I overwintered at home (which I started really late last spring). To my surprise upon returning from X-mas break...
I will be growing naga morich,trinidad scorpion,and tabasco peppers, along with a couple skullcap lateriflora seeds. I just started them on the first of June from seed. I will be using General hydroponics Floranova grow and bloom. I also have a few choice additives I will be adding to see if it will add an extra punch to the heat. Growing inside a secret jardin DR80 fully equipped with a 400 watt hps with cooltube reflector and exhaust fan. Here are a few pictures. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but they were taken with my cell phone. I have a usb cable en route to me for my camera so better pics will be coming soon. Please feel free to drop in and offer any advise,criticism (Good or Bad) Any and all comments are welcome...
i started to sow my new seeds from Neil of thehippyseeds just about a couple of days ago, got 4 types, bhut jolokia, naga morich, choco hab, and red savina. place all 4 inside a container to maintain humidity, with the temperature here in philippines, i think no need for heating up, like what my other countrymen who have experience growing peppers. always follow their advice. will post pics as soon as my pepper have germinated. :)
So i've begun my 2010 and probably into 2011 plant grow and I will be over wintering them to grow again next summer. I'm using an aerogarden ag7 pro200 and the stock nutrient tabs until I run out of them. Got my letter of seeds from neil @ HSC today and installed/planted them into my aerogarden deck. Ill be growing the following: Fatali's Bonda Ma Jacques 2x Yellow 7's Trinidad scorpions Chocolate habanero and lazienfat is sending me some scotch bonnets. :-D those will be added later. Thanks a lot! If anyone wants to send me another variety I'd greatly appreciate it! I'll remove one of the yellow 7's and plant it in soil to compare its growth with the yellow 7 in the aerogarden. Heres a video of the setup ive got going...
Well, I figured I should probably begin an online growlog. I have been keeping a personal grow log in MS Word but it's time to share my adventure with those of you that have helped make it an easier task. I would also like to thank those of you that have been so keen to answer questions and help out someone who is trying this for the first year! I planted my first seeds on 13 Mar 2010. Here are a few photos I have taken since then:
ok so i ended up planting 3 seeds into 95 jiffy pellets tonight, labled and under lights with a heat pad. i still need a timer but since its just the germinating stage i should be ok for a few days. so here is the "official grow list" jalepeno serrano cayenne lemon drop scotch bonnet roccoto fatalli thai hot bhut jolokia big orange(dont have the actualy name yet) carribean red habenero naga morich chocolate habenero(long version) chocolate habenero(short version) bolivian rainbow unknown peruvian(need to get the name) unknow(have to wait for possible I.D.) pequine red bell sorry for the long list. lol but anyway, il keep you all updated on my plant progression. thanks for looking
I know some of yall will think I am really really late. I like to think I am really really early! On the 19th I started sevral seeds in peat pellets I had sitting around the house. I started Trinidad Scorpion, Fatalii, Trinidad Douglah, and Bhut Jolokia. Then on the 21st or 22nd I started Red 7 Pod (Sourced from Cmpman1974) and Bulgarian Carrot in moist coffee filters in bags all on a heating mat in the kitchen. Within 3 days one of the Bulgarian Carrot seeds in the coffee filter buttoned and last night I put it in a plastic drinking cup with 1 part compost, 1 part pine bark fines and 1 part vermiculite. Due to a small accident on my part (they call me grace ya know) the seed may have gotten buried a little deeper than the 1/4 inch...
I received my seeds and couldn't wait to get started for the 2010 growing season. I started 2 trays of 50 seeds, and I also have a bunch of plants I started from seed in Aug & Sept. The plants I started at the end of the summer were more of a test, as I was trying out a few new seed suppliers. Here is what I'm growing, now in alphabetical order and includes the seeds I ordered from The Hippy Seed Company. 7 Pot 7 Pot Barrackpore 7 Pot Chocolate 7 Pot Yellow Aji Habanero Aji Limon Aji Norteno Aji Panca Beni Highlands Berbere Bhut Jolokia Burkina Caribbean Red Hab Cayenne Long Red Slim Cayenne Carolina Cayenne, Golden Chile De Arbol Congo Trinidad Congo Yellow Datil Fatalii Goats Weed Habanero Chocolate Habanero Yellow Jalapeno M...
I have a very crude grow box made out of two saw horses, two 24" florecent and one 48" florecent. I have a blanket draped over the saw horses to hold in heat. It stays about 85*F when the lights are on. I will be adding another 48" soon. I currently have 52 cells, 40 pepper and 12 tomato. Plus, I have a Bishops Crown and a Datil that I kept from last year. All I have started is: White Habs Bishops Crown Spicy Mustard Habs Scotch Bonnet Bolivian Rainbow Long Red Cayenne Hot Banana Bhut Jolokia Birds Eye Atomic Starfish The tomatoes I have started are: TAPS Orange Glow White Bianca Beefsteak I will also be planting a small variety of herbs. Not sure what yet. My setup: A few of the seedlings: Spicy Mustard Hab Scotch...
Hey guys. Me again. Im going to try starting up a video log similar to Neil's and some others I have seen. (hope I do as good as Neil!!! Takes it like a champ.) I have a few varieties growin now and will be eating the first fully ripe one off of each plant for all to see, and possibly laugh at!! Im sure youll all enjoy. To the point now, does anybody have any fresh pods already that is willing to send a few for the trials? Ill cover shipping or trade for seed or products I have available. Not going to advertise here, but check out the industry announcements for more info on that. Im going to try to compile a video journal of me eating every pepper I can get my hands on from bell to bhut. If anybody has a special request or would like to...
Hello everybody! First off, I'd like to say a biggggg thank you to everyone who has traded seeds with me recently, and an even bigger thanks to those who have been generous enough to share with me seeds I haven't yet had. Im off to a late start this season. Life got hectic with changing of jobs and now 2 jobs. I'm only going to be starting off with a small amount of plants so I have time to manage them for now, ill be adding more hopefully later on. So far ive got started- Jalapeno Datil "cardi" Dorset Naga Cajamarca Seven pod Scorpion Bih jolokia lt green strain Yellow Thai Caribbean red Aji Limon Bhut jolokia Explosive ember Scotch bonnet (yellow?) Brain strain 7 trini perfume medusa cumari ill update this with pics of my...
I haven't actually created a grow log for the year so I may as well get one started. I have 53 or so plants on the grow right now and have a few overwintered ones. My short growing season (approx 90 days) makes overwintering and early starts an absolute must. I'll try and get some pics up ASAP, but there's a lot of plants to post. I'll start with just a pic of the plants in general and may have to update as we go. The numbers behind the plant names are the number of plants I have growing. 2010 Grow list ---------------- 7 Pot "Jonah" 1 Aji Lemon 1 Bhut Jolokia 2 Bishops Crown 1 Black Chilli 1 BP 7-Pot 1 Burkina Scotch Bonnet 2 Caribbean Red 2 Chili Goronong 1 Congo Brown 1 Datil 1 Faria Tobago Scotch Bonnet 5 Fatalii 1 Jamaican Red 2...
I mentioned in my Introduction thread that I'm growing a bunch from seed for the first time. The only success I've had from seed before were some Hungarian wax plants last year. But I also didn't really know what I was doing until now either. I'll post a few pictures in here once I get them into Photobucket, and will also be posting everything here in my blog, also called Texoma Heat. I get a seed starting tray with 50 peat pots and a bag of Jiffy seed starting mix, all set on top of a 24"x12" heating pad. I put all the seeds in moist paper towels yesterday and let them soak overnight in Ziploc bags on the heating pad with a sweatshirt over it. One of my cats found it to be a nice place to sleep as well. Here's what all has been...
This is from my blog (link is in signature): Finally! Seeds in dirt! Wooohooo! 144 peat pucks have been filled with 13 different varieties from 7 different sources, for a total of 18 different types to track (5 varieties are being planted from two sources). They were just sown, so the temps aren't back up to where they need to be yet.
Back