• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

chilliman64 said:
oh yeah, thanks for the compliment BAN!

That yellow hab sauce is like gold mate....if theres any lamb left tomorrow I'm going to do the same but with twice as much sauce.

Somehow you keep that fresh picked Hab flavor in there...brilliant.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...the secret is not to cook the habs

right now I'm just munching on some of my thick-cut homemade jerky and having a Crownie! you know what jerky I'm talking about... the stuff I keep saying I'm going to send to you and it never arrives... hehehehehehe... you'll have to wait until next week now... hahahahahaha... unless of course you want to fly down on the weekend and pick some up... bwahahahahahahahahahaha... damn it tastes good with a brewskie or two. I hope there's some left to post on Monday... this is no laughing matter! ;)

Lunch today was same as yesterday (last of the lamb :( ) I swapped the CM64 yellow Hab sauce for my first ripe Hab of the season OMFG what was I thinking...:flamethrower:

didn't pics cause it wasn't that fancy looking.. made a chicken breast sandwich with some habanero bbq sauce and a side salad topped off with pan fried orange habs complete with all the membranes and seeds.

Ok, this involves no chillies, only green peppercorns, but I think it still counts (and I want to show this piece of meat off :P).

tbone1.jpg

tbone2.jpg

Biggest steak I've ever had, 2 inches thick, 900 grams (2 lbs for you crazy non-metric people). Green peppercorn sauce, and no room on the plate for sides :D. Again washed down with a james squire, I'm really enjoying their amber ale at the moment.

bentalphanerd said:
Sounds good...wheres the pics?

Always happy to send you a little pain mate.

that's damn good sauce! no pics, I thought about it

bentalphanerd said:
Lunch today was same as yesterday (last of the lamb :( ) I swapped the CM64 yellow Hab sauce for my first ripe Hab of the season OMFG what was I thinking...:flamethrower:

you weren't :rolleyes:

I just had a hankerin' for a grilled cheese sandwich. So I broke out a bottle of CaJohn's Killer Cayenne.

If you haven't had Killer Cayenne yet and love cayenne sauces, do yourself a favor and try some. It's really hot for a cayenne sauce. Not sure how CaJohn did that without any extract! :onfire:

BobsYourUncle said:
Ok, this involves no chillies, only green peppercorns, but I think it still counts (and I want to show this piece of meat off ...
Biggest steak I've ever had, 2 inches thick, 900 grams (2 lbs for you crazy non-metric people). Green peppercorn sauce, and no room on the plate for sides :D. Again washed down with a james squire, I'm really enjoying their amber ale at the moment.

so did you eat it all Bobs? how was it? tell us more about the sauce, home-made? looks like it could have handled a sprinkle of fatalii powder without damaging the flavour...

chilliman64 said:
so did you eat it all Bobs? how was it? tell us more about the sauce, home-made? looks like it could have handled a sprinkle of fatalii powder without damaging the flavour...

Sure did eat it all, it was great (although I got a little distracted while cooking it and it was a little over-done, on the well done side of medium instead of the rare side). The sauce isn't home-made, it's based on a gravox packet sauce powder, but I add the green peppercorns, a pepper steak mix with black pepper, onion flakes/powder and a small amount of dried chilli (and a few other things), and I add any juices left over in the grill pan I start the steak in or on the plate I rest the steak on, so it's a little customised.

It probably could've handled some fatalii powder, but alas, I don't have any... This season's garden doesn't have any ripe pods yet, and I'm not growing fatalii.

My tongue is on fire! think Ive had 10 of these so far! Its my 3 pod Naga sauce a variation on C64s hab sauce mmm, its yummy! think Ill get some more...

Nagas1Dec2007.jpg

billyboy said:
My tongue is on fire! think Ive had 10 of these so far! Its my 3 pod Naga sauce a variation on C64s hab sauce mmm, its yummy! think Ill get some more...

Nagas1Dec2007.jpg

So, you throw the naga on top and down it all in one go? :onfire:

billyboy said:

Nagas1Dec2007.jpg

great pic. I'll swap you 2 bottles of pain for a bottle of your naga sauce :cool:

I had some thick cut pork chops with afresh sauce I make it works really well.
recipe for sauce

a chunk of fresh pineapple (tinned will do as long as in natural juice not syrup all though that would get you over the line lol)
2 tbs lime juice
1 Tbs brown sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of allspicepowder
pinch of cinnamon powder
pinch ofnutmeg
1/2 a habanero seeds in please.
blitz and chill.
cook the chop let it rest then dreess the chop with the pineapple sauce as you serve.

Its fresh and sharp and makes a perfectly cooked and lightly seasoned pork chop taste like nothing else matters.
give it a go.
Mick

Back